-   Microsoft Word Help (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How to put static dates on different page footers in Word (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=104118)

Glendeen April 11th 08 03:43 PM

How to put static dates on different page footers in Word

I need to identify which pages in a manual/document have been updated by
changing the date in the footer. However, it changes the date on all pages.
I'd prefer not to make a page on it's on section just to have the footer date
be unique.

Henk57[_205_] April 11th 08 08:51 PM

Glendeen;2718659 Wrote:
I need to identify which pages in a manual/document have been updated by

changing the date in the footer. However, it changes the date on all
pages.
I'd prefer not to make a page on it's on section just to have the
footer date
be unique.

A footer is supposed to repeat on all pages within a section. Unless
you make every page a separate section - and this NOT a practice I
would recommend - you cannot use the footer area. Maybe instead you
can use a version table where you indicate the date of change of
certain paragraphs or pages, or some footnote system where you have a
date reference?

--
Henk57