-   Page Layout (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Turn off capital letters on return (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=124437)

sunshine March 4th 09 05:13 PM

Turn off capital letters on return

Every time I hit return I get a capital letter.
How do I turn off that option?

TedMi[_2_] March 4th 09 05:38 PM

Turn off capital letters on return

The return key indicates the end of a paragraph. A new paragraph starts with
a new sentence, so the first letter of the word is capitalized. Two ways to
turn it off:
W'07: Office button, Word options, Proofing, Autocorrect options, uncheck
Capitalize first letter of sentences.
Previous: Tools, Autocorrect options.

Better yet: Do NOT press return at the end of a line unless you mean to end
the current paragraph. Word is not a typewriter.

-TedMi