-   Microsoft Word Help (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   FINDING A DOCUMENT IN MY HARD DRIVE (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=85317)

Desiree July 6th 07 08:32 PM

FINDING A DOCUMENT IN MY HARD DRIVE

I need to locate a document in my hard drive by using a name of client that
was saved with a different name. Basically in the document the client's name
is written but file was saved in another name that I do not know. Is there a
way to do an external search for internal information? help!

JoAnn Paules July 6th 07 09:10 PM

FINDING A DOCUMENT IN MY HARD DRIVE

Use Windows Explorer and do a search for *.doc containing the client's name.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question