-   Page Layout (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Spaces after footnotes (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=122286)

Grae February 2nd 09 11:38 PM

Spaces after footnotes

Hi,

How do I remove the large space that appears between footnotes and the
bottom of the page in Word?

Graeme.

Suzanne S. Barnhill February 2nd 09 11:59 PM

Spaces after footnotes

Set the footnotes to "Bottom of page" instead of "Below text"?

http://word.mvps.org

Grae February 3rd 09 12:22 AM

Spaces after footnotes

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for your suggestion. I already had the footnotes set to Bottom of
page. I fiddled with the bottom page margin and that helped. I checked the
footer and it does not appear to be overlapping with the white space. I still
however have a white space of about 1-1.5 lines which should not be there
given the margin setting.

Graeme.

Suzanne S. Barnhill February 3rd 09 04:46 AM

Spaces after footnotes

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm, but if the space is
actually below the footnotes and not above, then the article may not help,
as it sounds as if something else is going wrong.

http://word.mvps.org

Pascal[_2_] February 27th 09 04:08 AM

Spaces after footnotes

Dear Suzanne,

I just wanted to know if you managed to find a solution to problem of the
blank below the footnotes. Thanks a lot in advance

Pascal V.

Herb Tyson [MVP] March 1st 09 04:51 AM

Spaces after footnotes

Don't know all that you've explored, but if there is anything in the footer
area, make sure that the footer spacing (From edge: Footer) in Page Setup -
Layout tab is not set larger than needed.

The other setting that might be giving you too much space is if the
footnote's paragraph After spacing is set too high (Format - Paragraph -
After), or if the line spacing has a multiple setting (Format - Paragraph -
Line spacing).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

Pascal[_2_] March 2nd 09 01:29 PM

Spaces after footnotes

Thanks Herb. Just to be sure, I went through the procedures you gave but
they're all normal. The blank space appeared while I was working on the
format of the tables in my document. The spacing kept increasing. Thanks in
advance.

Suzanne S. Barnhill March 7th 09 06:24 AM

Spaces after footnotes

The more I hear, the more I think the document may be corrupt; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

http://word.mvps.org

[email protected] February 4th 14 06:31 AM

Spaces after footnotes

On Monday, February 2, 2009 3:38:01 PM UTC-8, Grae wrote:
Hi,

How do I remove the large space that appears between footnotes and the
bottom of the page in Word?

Graeme.

In View:Outline mode, select View:Footnotes, and go through the Footnote Separator, Footnote Continuation Separator, and Footnote Continuation Notice formats from the pull-down list, and make sure each one does not have any extra paragraph returns at the bottom. I tried that, and it removed the extra spaces from the bottom of all my footnotes.