-   Microsoft Word Help (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   where do I go to create default paragraph numbering? (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=30324)

crystal September 21st 05 08:01 PM

where do I go to create default paragraph numbering?

Once upon a time I could type "1." and hit the tab bar and automatically the
paragraph numbering began. Now I have to go to format and numbering in order
to start the paragraph numbering process. How can I get bck to the automatic
numbering?

CyberTaz September 22nd 05 06:00 PM

Hi Crystal-

Take a look at ToolsAutoCorrect Options--AutoFormat As You Type, make sure
the box is checked for 'Automatic numbered lists' in the 'Apply as you type'
section.

HTH |:)