-   About this forum (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TC fields - paragraph numbering (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=157974)

Emma Glyn September 9th 21 09:42 PM

TC fields - paragraph numbering

I normally use styles to do my tables of contents but I've got somebody else's document I need to amend. They have used TC fields in theirs but when I try to do the same, I can't get it to include the paragraph number.

So theirs looks like this:

3. Confidentiality{TC "3 Confidentiality" \ 1}

When I try, I can't get the 3 included. I could obviously type the 3 in, but theirs update automatically also. So if I added another heading and this one became 4, theirs would change in the TC field to match the paragraph number.

Is it done using a bookmark somehow?