-   Microsoft Word Help (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Heading numbering plus individual paragraph numbering (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=63337)

Julian September 11th 06 05:27 PM

Heading numbering plus individual paragraph numbering

I have a report with outline numbering set up for the headings. I want to be
able to number the individual paragraphs within each section starting at 1 at
the start of each new section irrespective of the heading level.

I am using Woord 2002 SP3

Suzanne S. Barnhill September 11th 06 06:33 PM

Heading numbering plus individual paragraph numbering

If you link the paragraph style to the numbering level below your lowest
heading level in an outline-numbered list (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html) and check
"Restart numbering," the numbering will restart after *any* higher level.
Note that the higher-level headings don't have to be numbered; you can link
them to the levels in an outline-numbered list with numbering set to
"(none)."