-   Microsoft Word Help (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   is it possible to alphabetize a set of labels for employees (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=110286)

Gaileroy July 21st 08 09:42 PM

is it possible to alphabetize a set of labels for employees

I have been trying to alphabetize a set of labes for employees. We have a
large turnover and everytime new individual comes in I have to move everyone
up or down in order to keep the labels in order

Suzanne S. Barnhill July 21st 08 10:35 PM

is it possible to alphabetize a set of labels for employees

In situations such as this you really need to have a "back end" for the
labels that you can alphabetize. This is known as a data source. You can
create this in Word, Excel, or Access and use it to generate new labels very
easily through a mail merge. See

How to create a Mail merge
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...AMailMerge.htm

Creating a mail merge Data Source
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...DataSource.htm

Mail merge labels with Word XP

Mail merge labels with Word 2007
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

PamC via OfficeKB.com July 22nd 08 03:38 AM

is it possible to alphabetize a set of labels for employees

Also, if you are working with address labels in Word tables, take a look at
this MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...ToDatafile.htm.

PamC