-   Microsoft Word Help (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How to cross reference e.g. 1(A) (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=157258)

Shelley C June 12th 19 11:12 AM

How to cross reference e.g. 1(A)

Hi
I've been searching the internet on how I can cross reference numbers and letters together. I have a document with one schedule but it has 21 parts to that schedule e.g. part 1, part 2, part 3(A), part 3(B). I can cross reference the number of the part but not the letter in brackets. Can anyone help with this query please.

Many thanks
Shelley C

Peter T. Daniels June 12th 19 04:56 PM

How to cross reference e.g. 1(A)

I'm not sure you can get the parentheses into the cross reference --
unless they're part of the paragraph numbering? -- but when you insert
a Cross Reference to a Numbered Paragraph, there's a line in the drop-
down labeled "(full context)." That should give you the whole string
of numbers/letters in the outline. When you select that, you also get
to choose the mark that separates the numbers.