-   Microsoft Word Help (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   find a saved document, or typed document on the hard drive (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=46094)

John H. March 3rd 06 05:01 PM

find a saved document, or typed document on the hard drive

I typed a word document the other day, saved it, didn't notice where I saved
it to, and now can't find it. I tried the search feature and looking in
every folder, but no luck. Does anyone know; A. how to find a saved
document, B. Restore a typed document that may not have been saved, but is
on the hard drive somewhere.

It was eight hours of typing, I really don't want to do it over again.

Thanks
--
John H.

Suzanne S. Barnhill March 3rd 06 05:45 PM

find a saved document, or typed document on the hard drive

Your best bet is to use Windows Search to search for a unique text string
you know appears in the document.