-   Formatting Long Documents (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Final page question in a document using columns (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=156750)

btse1 February 27th 18 11:18 PM

Final page question in a document using columns

I have a large Word file (ca. 60 pages) that is formatted in two columns. The final page of the document is only long enough to fill the first (i.e., left hand) column. Is there a way to have a different bottom margin on that final page which would force that one column into two shorter ones?.

I am using Office 2007. Thanks for any tips!

btse1 March 1st 18 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles K. Kenyon (Post 497162)
The simplest way to deal with this would be to insert a column break to balance the columns. Ctrl+Shift+Enter
This can also be found on the Page Layout tab under Breaks.

http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide...07.htm#Columns

Changing the margins would involve a section break and break up your text flow.

Well, that certainly was simple! Thank you for taking the time to help me out.