-   Microsoft Word Help (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How do I save Word 2003 doc as a .pdf? (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=81306)

VGT Vegas May 9th 07 12:38 AM

How do I save Word 2003 doc as a .pdf?

I have Word 20003. I also have Word 97. The Word 97 version I can save,
"write" the Word files to .pdf.

The Word 2003 does not seem to have this feature. I do not remember how I
obtained the feature in Word 97.

I did purchase both software packages from software stores.

Safetybill May 9th 07 12:58 AM

How do I save Word 2003 doc as a .pdf?

In Word 2002 I have been able to "print" to a pdf by selecting FilePrint
and then selecting Adobe PDF from the list of printers. I am not sure if
Adobe was previously set up for me as a "printer" or if it was a default
function. Good luck.

JoAnn Paules[_2_] May 9th 07 01:14 AM

How do I save Word 2003 doc as a .pdf?

If you could create .pdf files in Word 97 then you had third party software.
It has been added to Office 2007 for the first time.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Graham Mayor May 9th 07 06:12 AM

How do I save Word 2003 doc as a .pdf?

You will have to add some third party PDF creation software - Acrobat or one
of its cheaper clones. SnagIt www.techsmith.com is a good choice as its
driver will create all kinds of graphic formats and is one of the handiest
tools around. PrimoPDF http://www.primopdf.com/ does the PDF function for
free.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Mike Cawood, HND BIT May 9th 07 10:27 AM

How do I save Word 2003 doc as a .pdf?

"VGT Vegas" VGT wrote in message
I have Word 20003. I also have Word 97. The Word 97 version I can save,
"write" the Word files to .pdf.

The Word 2003 does not seem to have this feature. I do not remember how I
obtained the feature in Word 97.

I did purchase both software packages from software stores.

This program might be useful.
http://www.download.com/PrimoPDF/300...-10264577.html
Regards Mike.