-   Page Layout (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   how do I put borders around columns that look like page borders? (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=119917)

rutkind December 18th 08 09:47 PM

how do I put borders around columns that look like page borders?

I have a page that I want to have a border around each column that looks like
a page border because I want to fold the page in half.
I have tried using a paragraph border but it does not get very close to the
edge of the page and it also does not include my footer inside of the border.

Any one know how I can accomplish what I am hoping to do?

Suzanne S. Barnhill December 18th 08 10:34 PM

how do I put borders around columns that look like page borders?

There is a way, but not with columns. Assuming you have Word 2000 or above,
go to Page Setup | Margins: Multiple pages and choose "2 pages per sheet."
This will give you two logical pages per physical sheet of paper, and each
of them can be treated exactly like an ordinary page, including adding a
page border.

http://word.mvps.org

rutkind December 19th 08 02:05 AM

how do I put borders around columns that look like page border

I have tried that but it puts it in landscape view and I need it in portrait.
I have tried in both office 2003 and office 2007 and same result.

Thank you thought

Suzanne S. Barnhill December 19th 08 04:44 AM

how do I put borders around columns that look like page border

You get two portrait sections on a landscape page or two landscape sections
on a portrait page.

http://word.mvps.org

Suzanne S. Barnhill December 19th 08 03:34 PM

how do I put borders around columns that look like page border

So you've got one section above another? In that case I'm not sure how
you're using columns in the first place. Why not just use a three-row
bordered table (the middle row for the space between the sections)? I'm also
not sure what including the footer has to do with it since surely you don't
have footer text. You can reduce the footer margin to zero and reduce the
bottom margin accordingly.

http://word.mvps.org

teri farrar September 14th 10 12:35 PM

borders around columns

Just stumbled across this old query whilst trying to find how to get two A5 sheets with a border on each onto one page. However, now discovered the quickest route is simply to go into Page Layout - select A5 size with portrait orientation - put in your required width of border - set up margins as required ... and now the lateral thinking bit: Keep pressing Enter key until you've scrolled down to a 2nd page and then go into Print Options and select "2 pages per sheet" - and lo and behold you get two A5 sheets with borders on one page. Type in whatever you need and print off and save as required.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On Friday, December 19, 2008 9:34 AM Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

So you've got one section above another? In that case I'm not sure how
you're using columns in the first place. Why not just use a three-row
bordered table (the middle row for the space between the sections)? I'm also
not sure what including the footer has to do with it since surely you don't
have footer text. You can reduce the footer margin to zero and reduce the
bottom margin accordingly.

http://word.mvps.org

"rutkind" wrote in message

Lucene.Net Indexing Searching Entry Level Tutorial
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-tutorial.aspx

Suzanne S. Barnhill September 14th 10 01:22 PM

borders around columns

This is a little jumbled. The easiest way to do this is to retain the A4
paper size but select "2 pages per sheet" on the Margins tab of Page Setup
(not in the Print dialog), then select Landscape orientation. This will give
you two A5 pages on an A4 sheet. You can then use Format | Borders and
Shading | Page Borders to add a border to each page.

It is also not necessary to add empty paragraphs (by pressing the Enter key)
to get a second page; pressing Ctrl+Enter will insert a page break. The page
border will automatically be repeated on each page. All of this is detailed
in the thread below.

http://word.mvps.org