-   Mailmerge (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   How do I get Word to retain Excel formatting, eg zip code, ssn? (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=37099)

soxn4n04 November 30th 05 09:55 PM

How do I get Word to retain Excel formatting, eg zip code, ssn?

The special formatting that I saved in Excel (eg, zip code, ssn, phone
numbers) does not appear after I've merged the Excel data with a Word letter.
How can I get it to work?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP December 1st 05 05:52 AM

How do I get Word to retain Excel formatting, eg zip code, ssn?

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP