-   Microsoft Word Help (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Files are opening in wordpad instead of word. (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=40325)

JustinJames05 January 7th 06 08:52 PM

Files are opening in wordpad instead of word.

When I save a document in Microsoft word, and try to repopen it, it opens in
wordpad. This is very frustrating, and I was wondering how I can fix rhe file
associaiton problem.

JoAnn Paules [MVP] January 7th 06 09:05 PM

Files are opening in wordpad instead of word.

A *very* quick search yielded:

How to change file associations in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default...&product=winxp

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

garfield-n-odie January 7th 06 10:05 PM

Files are opening in wordpad instead of word.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...gisterWord.htm .

Peter T. Daniels March 24th 10 12:38 PM

Files are opening in wordpad instead of word.

Right-click on the name of a .doc or .docx (do it once for each kind),
Choose "Open With," and select Winword ("Browse" to it, if necessary).
Be sure the box is checked to "Use this application to open all files
of this type" (or some such).

On Mar 23, 11:09*pm, Rachel wrote:
What if you have Vista?

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;307859&produc....