-   Tables (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   how to write one and half inch in numeric form (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=139531)

sunit January 2nd 10 12:01 PM

Graham Mayor January 2nd 10 12:45 PM

how to write one and half inch in numeric form

1.5" or 1 1/2"

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Suzanne S. Barnhill January 2nd 10 02:35 PM

how to write one and half inch in numeric form

I would prefer 1 to 1 1/2 (if absolutely compelled, I would write 1-1/2, at
least), and I use the double prime symbol (U2033) rather than straight
quotes; also the single prime (U2032) for feet, and the same pair for
minutes and seconds in latitude and longitude.

http://word.mvps.org

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
1.5" or 1 1/2"

Liv January 12th 10 04:58 PM

how to write one and half inch in numeric form

How to enter ½ instead of 1/2

One way...
ToolsAutoCorrect OptionsAutoFormat
Go to Replace section. Make sure "Fractions (1/2) with fraction character
(½)" checked. Click OK. The next time you type 1/2 it will show as ½. To
temporarily reverse this hover over the number and click on the AutoCorrect
Options dropdown that appears. There you will have the option to undo the
action.

Another way...
InsertSymbol
Go to the "Character Code" textbox and type in 00BD (zero, zero, B, D)

Yet another way...
Alt+0189

Hope this helps!

I would prefer 1½ to 1 1/2 (if absolutely compelled, I would write 1-1/2, at

.

Suzanne S. Barnhill January 12th 10 06:48 PM

how to write one and half inch in numeric form

AutoFormat As You Type works only if there is a space before the 1/2, which
means that you have to type 1 1/2 and then back up and remove the space. I
prefer to use my assigned keyboard shortcut to insert ½ in such instance.
And there have been times when I have had to disable the AutoFormat option
when I'm entering a lot of dates in early January. g

http://word.mvps.org

ReeceHill77 May 25th 20 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill (Post 452378)

"sunit" wrote in message
how to write one and half inch in numeric form

.

wow I wanna post here. Writing is a complex process and always takes a lot of time. You can improve your skills through different types of research papers. You need to try to check it out for yourself, but before you learn a little more using the https://easylivingmom.com/what-are-t...search-papers/ link, I'm sure that this can help you. Read and get new knowledge.

Heved1986 July 21st 20 06:43 PM

1.5" or 1 1/2"

zenabartell June 4th 21 01:16 AM

Thank you very much for this useful article. I like it.. Keep it up and never miss a chance to grow. geometry dash slope unblocked