-   Formatting Long Documents (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Consecutive Citation (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=157382)

Brainor October 22nd 19 01:11 PM

Consecutive Citation

Hi everyone.
Word has its build-in function as citation and bibliography. It works well but I want to modify the citation style. In order to change the behavior of citation and bibliography, I know I should modify the .xls file in %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Bibliography\Style with Office 2019.
But I can't figure out how to edit this file to achieve the goal: the standard citation form of IEEE is [1, 2, 3], I want to change this to [1-3].

I know it has something to do with b:FirstAuthor and b:LastAuthor of xsl:template name="Citation" in IEEE2006OfficeOnline.xsl. But I'm guessing the b:FirstAuthor tag is created outside the .xsl file.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.