-   Formatting Long Documents (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Highlighting Text Not Deleting with Backspace (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=95063)

OS November 21st 07 10:16 PM

Highlighting Text Not Deleting with Backspace

Hi,

I have a problem using MS word; I wonder if you have encountered te
following?

When I highlight text and start typing the highlighted text doesn't get
deleted (e.g. replaced by the first letter) as expected, infact what happens
is that the new text enters before the highlighted text.

The second problem, no doubt related, is that again if I highlight text and
press the backspace the highlighted text is not deleted.

This actually becomes quite annoying especially as my Outlook uses the word
editor.

I am using MS Word 2003 (11.8134.8132) SP2
Part of MS Office Pro 2003

Many Thanks,

Oliver

Suzanne S. Barnhill November 22nd 07 01:02 AM

Highlighting Text Not Deleting with Backspace

On the Edit tab of Tools | Options, check the box for "Typing replaces
selection." Word considers backspacing "typing."

[email protected] January 8th 08 09:21 PM

Highlighting Text Not Deleting with Backspace

Ah, thank you Suzanne. I had the same problem with the backspace not
deleting highlighted text. Driving me nuts! You're solution fixed
it. Thank you...!

Trevor

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

"OS" wrote in message

Hi,

I have a problem using MS word; I wonder if you have encountered te
following?

When I highlight text and start typing the highlighted text doesn't get
deleted (e.g. replaced by the first letter) as expected, infact what

happens
is that the new text enters before the highlighted text.

The second problem, no doubt related, is that again if I highlight text

and
press the backspace the highlighted text is not deleted.

This actually becomes quite annoying especially as my Outlook uses the

word
editor.

I am using MS Word 2003 (11.8134.8132) SP2
Part of MS Office Pro 2003

Many Thanks,

Oliver- Hide quoted text -

tuulikki January 8th 18 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OS (Post 302302)
Hi,

I have a problem using MS word; I wonder if you have encountered te
following?

When I highlight text and start typing the highlighted text doesn't get
deleted (e.g. replaced by the first letter) as expected, infact what happens
is that the new text enters before the highlighted text. 192.168.0.1

The second problem, no doubt related, is that again if I highlight text and
press the backspace the highlighted text is not deleted.

This actually becomes quite annoying especially as my Outlook uses the word
editor.

I am using MS Word 2003 (11.8134.8132) SP2
Part of MS Office Pro 2003

Many Thanks,

Oliver

Go to Edit tab of Tools / Options
Check "Typing replaces selection." Word considers backspacing "typing."

willardfm58 April 12th 21 08:31 AM

Coronavirus has really affected the normal functioning of life. It has affected all kinds of people especially the students. Students are attending the online classes due to lockdown. But to attend an online class you must have fast internet and electricity of course. But the students living in distant areas donít have these things. The internet speed isnít good in those areas and so is the electricity. They are facing so many problems and all these things are disturbing their studies. But thereís this site that can help you during these crises ptcl speed test

gmmelissa May 25th 21 03:59 AM

Thanks for sharing this article. I am glad to see this amazing post. a href="https://chainsaw-dance.com"chainsaw dance/a

gmmelissa May 25th 21 04:00 AM

Hello, I really want to introduce to you one of the most classic games that bring lots of interesting emotions that I have ever experienced, it definitely will not disappoint you. chainsaw dance

kanejoyce885 July 29th 21 10:08 AM

Thank you for providing this information. I am delighted to discover your fantastic content.
smash karts