-   Microsoft Word Help (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Can't remove highlight (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=85055)

suroora July 3rd 07 12:56 PM

Can't remove highlight

I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

Lene Fredborg July 3rd 07 01:06 PM

Can't remove highlight

Maybe the color has been applied as shading and not as highlight. Try whether
you can remove the color via Format Borders and Shading Shading tab.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

Inquiring Mind June 13th 08 05:23 PM

Can't remove highlight

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

"suroora" wrote:

Thanks, Lene. That worked!

Cubbie_Gal February 4th 09 06:36 PM

Can't remove highlight

I have same problem. Tried clearning the shading and the highlighting and
neither works. My text still stays highlighted. When I "reveal formatting"
under the font section is stays "Shading: Clear (Yellow)". So I'm selecting
clear for shading but it's leaving it yellow anyway? I don't understand.
Does it have to do with the fact that it's a bulleted list? I'm just baffled.

"Inquiring Mind" wrote:

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

"suroora" wrote:

Thanks, Lene. That worked!

CyberTaz February 4th 09 07:52 PM

Can't remove highlight

Is it possible that the document has been Protected & that the Shading is an
attribute of a Style you don't have permission to modify?

Go to the Review Tab, click the Protect Document button & see what the Task
Pane has to say. You may be able to remove the Shading by applying a
different Style.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Inquiring Mind" wrote:

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described
below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

"suroora" wrote:

Thanks, Lene. That worked!

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

Maybe the color has been applied as shading and not as highlight. Try
whether
you can remove the color via Format Borders and Shading Shading
tab.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg
DocTools - Denmark
www.thedoctools.com
Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft
Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill February 4th 09 08:34 PM

Can't remove highlight

Clear just means that there's no pattern. It also means that what you're
seeing is not highlighting (which you would remove by selecting None for
highlighting) but shading. Go to Format | Borders and Shading and choose No
Fill on the Shading tab.

http://word.mvps.org

"Inquiring Mind" wrote:

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described
below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

"suroora" wrote:

Thanks, Lene. That worked!

brandy September 25th 09 06:21 PM

Can't remove highlight

I'm seeing the same problem... It's in a table, and any text that is entered
appears highlighted with yellow.

I've set "No Fill";
I've set "Shading" to "Clear";
Reveal Codes shows: Pattern: Clear (Yellow) - Clear
There doesn't appear to be any document Protection in effect.

The entire table (3col x 17rows) has the same attributes.

I also tried: "Table Properties" | "Borders & Shading" |

It's also set to:

Fill: No Fill
Pattern: Clear
Apply to: Table

Suzanne S. Barnhill September 25th 09 08:09 PM

Can't remove highlight

When you are on the Shading tab, make sure that you check the "Apply to"
settings. The shading may be applied to Text rather than Cell.

http://word.mvps.org

brandy September 25th 09 09:06 PM

Can't remove highlight

I never was able to get rid of it manually. I tried "Apply to:
Table|Cell|etc." with no change.

I did, however, copy the text of the macro that someone created to get rid
of the problem and that worked. Now, if the logic of that macro could just
be available as a manual process.....

Thanks!