-   Microsoft Word Help (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Inserting Diagonal Lines inside a Cell (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=139604)

Sue January 4th 10 04:34 PM

Inserting Diagonal Lines inside a Cell

Does anyone know how to insert diagonal lines inside a cell?
I'm using Microsoft Word 2007 and I created monthly calendars from
January-December. I would like to "X" out the respective days of the week
after they have passed, but I can't figure out how to do that in Word.

I've tried inserting the multiplication symbol and enlarging it, but it
doesn't work well. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Beth Melton January 4th 10 05:19 PM

Inserting Diagonal Lines inside a Cell

On the Table Tools Design tab, in the Table Styles group, if you click the
arrow next to Borders you should see Diagonal Down and Diagonal Up borders.
If you use both of them, it will form an X in the cell. Is that what you are
looking for?

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Jay Freedman January 4th 10 05:44 PM

Inserting Diagonal Lines inside a Cell

Put the cursor in the cell. On the Home ribbon tab, in the Paragraph group,
click the little arrow next to the Border button (the last one in the second
row of the group) and choose the diagonal border. That offers only one
diagonal at a time, but that may be enough for you.

The alternative is to use the line tool (Insert tab, Illustrations group,
Shapes button) to draw lines.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

DP January 4th 10 06:07 PM

Inserting Diagonal Lines inside a Cell

Try this
With cursor in the cell, Click Table Tools | Borders | Choose diagonal up
- down