-   Microsoft Word Help (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Word icon changing to Wordperfect on e-mail attachment only (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=157286)

Leslie M July 30th 19 07:55 PM

Word icon changing to Wordperfect on e-mail attachment only

This is driving me crazy and I cannot find a solution. When I save a Word document as .doc or .docx, it does show the Word Icon wherever I save the file (my documents, desktop, etc). However, when I attach the same document to an e-mail, the icon changes to a WordPerfect icon. It will still open as a Word document, but it's confusing to my clients. This only happens when I attach a Word document to an e-mail and nowhere else. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.