-   Microsoft Word Help (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   closed word doc without saving...can I recover it? (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=51633)

scoobadog April 27th 06 02:54 PM

closed word doc without saving...can I recover it?

I closed my word document and when prompted to save changes, I hit no by
accident...can I get to the last "autosaved" version? if so, how? Thanks

SVC April 27th 06 03:02 PM

closed word doc without saving...can I recover it?

You are thinking of the AutoRecover file, which is a temporary file to
restore in case of a crash of Word or your system. If Word or your system
did not crash, the recovery file has been deleted.

If you never saved the file, there is nothing to recover. If you have a
previously changed version without your most recent changes, that's the best
you can "recover".

Stefan Blom April 27th 06 03:10 PM

closed word doc without saving...can I recover it?

As SVC wrote, the data has been lost. You may find this article
helpful (to prevent similar disasters in the future):
http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP