-   Mailmerge (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   how do you set up a header row in Word 2003 (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=5017)

nunny November 25th 04 09:55 PM

how do you set up a header row in Word 2003

I use a data source from our server. When i bring the data into my mail merge
it uses the first row of data as the column names or header row. In word 2000
you could set up a separate file as the header row. Can you do this in word
2003?

Doug Robbins November 26th 04 03:43 AM

From the Tools menu, select Customize and on the Commands tab, select the
All Commands category and the locate the MailMergeHelper command and left
click and drag it onto a toolbar. That will give you access to the old
interface that has the option of creating or opening a header file.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP