-   Microsoft Word Help (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Mail Merge Labels "Update Labels" greyed out (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=111448)

Dianne Griffin August 8th 08 04:26 PM

Mail Merge Labels "Update Labels" greyed out

In Word 2007, using an existing merge document and Access data, I am unable
to use the "update labels" command to make changes in the label format. How
can I fix this?
--
Dianne Griffin

Cindy M. August 8th 08 06:59 PM

Mail Merge Labels "Update Labels" greyed out

Hi =?Utf-8?B?RGlhbm5lIEdyaWZmaW4=?=,

In Word 2007, using an existing merge document and Access data, I am unable
to use the "update labels" command to make changes in the label format. How
can I fix this?

Have you checked that the document "type" is still set to "Labels" (look in
the "Start Mail Merge" button in the "Mailings" tab)? And the database is
attached?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Dianne Griffin August 12th 08 02:44 PM

Mail Merge Labels "Update Labels" greyed out

Thanks for your help Cindy. I am researching this for a staff member and will
forward the information to her.
--
Dianne Griffin