-   Formatting Long Documents (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Word 2000 - text turning into Arabic (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=9350)

Jane February 18th 05 02:33 AM

Word 2000 - text turning into Arabic

I support computers in a public library and we have
enabled most languages for our users. From time to time we
get the report that as a user is typing in Word, the text
will automatically change into Arabic characters. A few
times they reported it happened when they selected right
justify. I cannot figure out how to stop this unless I
disable Arabic, but I think we have a few users that want
that.

Do any of you have any ideas? The computers are running
Windows XP with all the SPs and critical updates.

Jane

Klaus Linke February 22nd 05 12:33 AM

Hi Jane,

Not sure, but it sounds as if something the users do changes the keyboard
layout -- most likely, the built-in keyboard shortcut LeftAlt+Shift, but maybe
something else.
I guess you do have an Arabic keyboard layout installed? (Control Panel
Regional and Language Settings Languages Details)

Regards,
Klaus