-   Formatting Long Documents (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Different Column Formats In One Document (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=155752)

NELSON CHITIMA April 26th 13 08:33 AM

Different Column Formats In One Document

I am working on a Word Document using Word 2007. I would like pages 1-5 to be in 1-Column format and pages 6-15 to be in 2-Column format, then pages 16-24 in 1-Column format again. Does Word have the capacity to do that?

Every time I change the format on a page, it changes the whole document to that format. Please help with the easiest way around this problem.

Nelson

Lisa Wilke-Thissen April 26th 13 02:48 PM

Different Column Formats In One Document

Hi,

I am working on a Word Document using Word 2007.
I would like pages 1-5 to be in 1-Column format and
pages 6-15 to be in 2-Column format, then pages
16-24 in 1-Column format again.
Does Word have the capacity to do that?

select pages 6 - 15. In the dialog box for columns choose "Apply to selected
text". Word then will insert section breaks before and behind your selected
text.
Alternative you can insert section breaks by yourself at beginning of page 5
and at the end of page 15. Then choose columns for the section appropriate.

Cheers,
Lisa [MS MVP Word]