-   Page Layout (http://www.wordbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Whole paragraph indented instead of first line (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=157568)

worriedconstable July 19th 20 02:33 PM

Whole paragraph indented instead of first line

I have the "normal" style in the document I am working on configured so that it has a 0.6cm first-line indent, but the rest of the text is not indented. Word displayed this correctly until I went through the long nightmare (not yet ended) of trying to get the section numbering to work properly. At some point during this process something changed and now the whole paragraph of my "normal" style is displayed indented by 0.6cm. However when I open the style for editing, it claims to be still how I originally left it, with only the first-line indented.

Why can I not get Word to obey me and render the indentation properly?