Search: Posts made by: Fabian
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 24th 09, 10:53 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Fabian
Switch Language for fields.

Hi,

I am working on an English Document in an English version of Office on a
German PC. My citations use S. instead of p. for pages in citations. How can
I change that?

Regards
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 9th 09, 05:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Fabian
updating internal hyperlinks

I would like to know that, too.

So far, I use a macro to automatically update fields. Looks like this:

Sub updateFields()
Dim f As Field
For Each f In ThisDocument.Fields
f.Update
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 9th 09, 05:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Fabian
Update fields when macros are disabled

Hi,

I have a document with macros in it. When I open this document without
enabling the macros, I am unable to update fields in my document. Is that
normal?

Regards, Fabian
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 27th 09, 06:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Fabian
Cite multiple sources

Hi,

how can I cite multiple sources at the same time.

Like (Hill, 1997; Yandle, 1999a)

Regards
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 22nd 09, 03:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Fabian
Number Headings in Template

Ok, I found out... kinda weired though: why do I have to choose define new
multi-level list to edit the original one...

"Fabian" wrote:

Hi,

I've got a document template and a bunch of child...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 22nd 09, 03:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Fabian
Number Headings in Template

Hi,

I've got a document template and a bunch of child documents based on this
template (which automatically update to the template). Now I want to number
my headings but could not find a way to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 8th 09, 02:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Fabian
Numbering equations using frames

Hi Pesach,

thank you for your answer. I was aware of this workaround - but it is just
so inconvenient...

regards, Fabian

"Pesach Shelnitz" wrote:

Hi Fabian
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 8th 09, 11:15 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Fabian
Numbering equations using frames

Hi,

in order to number equations in a text, I assigned text frames to the
Caption style template and aligned these frames to the right side of the
column letting the paragraph flow around it....
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 22nd 09, 12:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Fabian
Textbox overlapping footnote

Hi

I placed some diagrams together with a caption into a text box and placed
the whole thing on the bottom of a page anchored to the respective
paragraph*. Now I wanted to add a footnote to the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 1st 09, 04:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Fabian
Reconnect to document

Hi,

once I restart my laptop from hibernation, Word tells me that the connection
to my Document on Windows Live has been disconnected and that I would need to
save it to a different location. How...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 9th 09, 10:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Fabian
Dublicate index entries

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. That could be. I'll have a look at it as soon as
possible... But what about "Sample Text" which appears 5 times on different
pages but is shown...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 9th 09, 12:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Fabian
Dublicate index entries

Hi,

somehow, I've got the same entry appearing several times in my index. Could
that be because of different formats? It looks like this

Sample Text
Sub-Sample Text 18
Sub-Sample Text...
Forum: Page Layout June 9th 09, 09:18 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 1
Posted By Fabian
Section Numbering

Hi,

I would like to insert page number as follows

{Section Number}-{Page Number}

If I insert that via edit-insert-page number, it is only applied to the
active section - although the footers...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 3rd 08, 11:41 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 7
Posted By Fabian
English indexes in English documents using German Word 2007

With indices I mean things like a table of contents or the used literature.
But actually I have the same problem with almost any kind of automated text
fields like the date. In some cases it works...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 3rd 08, 09:27 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Fabian
citing two different sources with the same year and author

thanks

"p0" wrote:

On 2 nov, 22:24, Fabian wrote:
Hi,

when I'm citing two document from the same author and the same year, both
are cited the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 3rd 08, 09:25 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 7
Posted By Fabian
English indexes in English documents using German Word 2007

It's basically the title being German. I can change that, of course, but
somehow I am afraid that I could miss something else or that refreshing the
index turns it back (ok, in this case it does...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 2nd 08, 09:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 7
Posted By Fabian
English indexes in English documents using German Word 2007

Hi,

is it possible to insert English indexes in the German Version of Word 2007?

Greets, Fabian
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 2nd 08, 09:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Fabian
citing two different sources with the same year and author

Hi,

when I'm citing two document from the same author and the same year, both
are cited the same:

(author, 2008) and (author, 2008)

how can I change that to unique identifiers, like

(author,...
Forum: Page Layout July 2nd 08, 08:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 2
Posted By Fabian
How to transfer a tif. file to Microsoft Word?

I am trying to translate a document from Greek to English. The document came
to me in a tif. type file, which I was able to open it with Microsoft Word,
however when I am trying to copy/cut and...