Search: Posts made by: Christina
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 30th 10, 10:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Christina
Word trouble

Typed word document in Word 2007 and opened it up in Word 2000 but it didn't
open correctly. How can i open this doc in Word 2000 without downloading Word
2007 on computer? Any suggestions would be...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 30th 10, 10:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Christina
Word trouble

Typed word document in Word 2007 and opened it up in Word 2000 but it didn't
open correctly. How can i open this doc in Word 2000 without downloading Word
2007 on computer? Any suggestions would be...
Forum: Mailmerge September 29th 09, 05:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 2
Posted By Christina
Mail Merge rules (if.then.else) is different font from main do

Thanks Doug!

Christina

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

After creating the rule in your document, press Alt+F9 to toggle on the
display of field codes and insert \* charformat inside the...
Forum: Mailmerge September 25th 09, 06:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 2
Posted By Christina
Mail Merge rules (if.then.else) is different font from main doc

I need to use if.then.else rules in my mail merge...but the font of the
inserted text is different from the font of my word document. Is there a way
to change the default font used in the rules...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 17th 09, 05:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Christina
Word 2007 track changes showing in balloons ONLY

I can't get them to show inline. I've been through all the setting,
including trust centre already. Suggestions?

Others who view this docx on their pcs can see the inline changes.

thx.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 11th 09, 01:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Christina
File named with (2) at the end

Is there something in Word '07 (perhaps AutoRecover) that would
automatically take an existing file's name and create the same named file
with a (2) on the end? I have a (novice) user that says he's...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 7th 09, 07:55 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Christina
Filename with a (2)

Is there something in Word '07 (perhaps AutoRecover) that would
automatically take an existing file's name and create the same named file
with a (2) on the end? I have a (novice) user that says he's...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 7th 09, 02:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Christina
Filename with (2)

Is there something in Word '07 (perhaps AutoRecover) that would automatically
take an existing file's name and create the same named file with a (2) on the
end? I have a (novice) user that says...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 7th 09, 02:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Christina
Filename with (2) in it

Is there something in Word '07 (perhaps AutoRecover) that would automatically
take an existing file's name and create the same named file with a (2) on the
end? I have a (novice) user that says...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 7th 09, 02:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Christina
Filename with (2) in it

Is there something in Word '07 (perhaps AutoRecover) that would automatically
take an existing file's name and create the same named file with a (2) on the
end? I have a (novice) user that says...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 7th 09, 02:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Christina
(2) Appearing in Filename

Is there something (perhaps in AutoRecover) that creates a file which uses an
existing file's name and tacks a (2) on the end? I have a (novice) user who
says there's only one version of the file...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 23rd 09, 07:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Christina
Email attachment opens as blank Word document

I'm using Eudora. Previously, double-clicking the attachment opened the
document directly in word. I am able to click the attachment in Outlook and
open the word document directly without saving...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 23rd 09, 03:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Christina
Email attachment opens as blank Word document

I upgraded from Office 04 to Office 08 and now when I double-click on any
..doc or .docx file in an email attachment Word opens to a blank document. I
can open the file if Word is open and I...
Forum: Page Layout December 13th 08, 09:33 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 1
Posted By Christina
page border

The bottom of my page border does not show in print preview.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 19th 08, 12:22 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Christina
How can I get my bullets to list side by side?

I'm trying to list some items in a bullet format so that they can be side by
side for example

dog cat
foot hand

with a bullet for all of them, but i can not seem to get it to work. Please...
Forum: Mailmerge June 11th 08, 02:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 1
Posted By Christina
Names on Labels? Everyone has a full page, but each should only ge

I have used mail merge to create Name Badges for a work event. Everything is
fine except that each person from the Excel sheet gets a full page of labels
to themself. I need each label to be a...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 3rd 08, 04:59 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Christina
Boxes in endnotes and lost embedded objects

Suzanne kindly looked at a sample from the document and determined the
following:

Although the field-looking things display shading when clicked on (like
fields), toggling field display doesn't...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 3rd 08, 01:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Christina
Boxes in endnotes and lost embedded objects

If you wou would like a sample of the doc, I will gladly send it to you.
Thanks again for any help. _c

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you tried pressing Alt+F9?

--
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 3rd 08, 01:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Christina
Boxes in endnotes and lost embedded objects

Yep. I also just realized that the "boxes" open up in what appears to be a
different font on differnt machines. Like one computer they look just
square, another they look like 3D square. Don't...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 1st 08, 07:12 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Christina
Boxes in endnotes and lost embedded objects

I was working on a Word file yesterday and was almost done. I selected
the endnotes section to format them all the same (font size and none under
the indentation). When I tried to save it, The file...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 7th 08, 01:12 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Christina
WRITING a ESSAY PAper

please help me with writing a essay paper and the format I need
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 30th 08, 01:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Christina
Columns on page set up not working.

For some reason or other when ever I go to Page Set Up and try to bring up
the columns on Word ihey do not appear on the page. Have tried just pressing
for three or going to the scroll where you ...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help December 9th 07, 08:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Christina
Backspace key only lets me delete one at a time

I just figured out how to work sticky keys, but now my backspace key won't
let me hold it so I can delete a number of characters at once. I have to
press the key repeatedly so it deletes the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 2nd 07, 11:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Christina
Finding a symbol in a document

We have a macro on our standard toolbar that will allow the user to insert a
field containing a diamond symbol anywhere within a document. (The field
contents are {SYMBOL \f Wingdings 117 \*...