Search: Posts made by: John
Forum: Page Layout March 6th 10, 08:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 0
Posted By John
increasing left coumn causes first column to become too narrow

I have tried to change the margins in a converted PDF file. No matter what
I do, I keep getting this error message. Any suggestions?
Forum: Page Layout March 6th 10, 08:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 8
Posted By John
increasing left coumn causes first column to become too narrow

I have tried to change the margins in a converted PDF file. No matter what
I do, I keep getting this error message. Any suggestions?
Forum: New Users February 25th 10, 02:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 33
Posted By John
How to I change a read only document to a normal for correcting

"Elaine" wrote:

I received a report over e-mail and it is a read only document. I need to
make corrections and change formating. How do I change a read only file to
one I can work on?
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 15th 10, 04:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By John
looking for a lease abstract template

I am looking for a lease abstrat template.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 15th 10, 04:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By John
looking for a lease abstract template

I am looking for a lease abstrat template.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 13th 10, 04:21 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By John
how to alphabetize labels

I am using Microsoft Word 2007. I have address labels that I am trying to
alphabetize and am not having any luck. I saw a previous post regarding this
and can't seem to get it to work. Any help...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 13th 10, 04:21 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By John
how to alphabetize labels

I am using Microsoft Word 2007. I have address labels that I am trying to
alphabetize and am not having any luck. I saw a previous post regarding this
and can't seem to get it to work. Any help...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 12th 10, 08:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By John
Calculating age in a Word template/Form from the DOB field

Since posting this I've found a number of possible solutions to my problem
but none seem to work for me. I simply want to insert in one form field
(named "DOB") an individuals DOB in the mm dd yy...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 12th 10, 08:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By John
Calculating age in a Word template/Form from the DOB field

Since posting this I've found a number of possible solutions to my problem
but none seem to work for me. I simply want to insert in one form field
(named "DOB") an individuals DOB in the mm dd yy...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 12th 10, 07:02 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By John
Calculating age in a Word template/Form from the DOB field

I have a word template/form in which I'd like for a field to be able to
calcualte and post a person's age based on another field that contains the
person's DOB.
Can anyone help me wit...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 12th 10, 07:02 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By John
Calculating age in a Word template/Form from the DOB field

I have a word template/form in which I'd like for a field to be able to
calcualte and post a person's age based on another field that contains the
person's DOB.
Can anyone help me wit...
Forum: Page Layout December 14th 09, 01:50 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 7
Posted By John
Word 2010

How do I layout two numbered pages per sheet for word 2010? In other words,
horizonal layout with two colums representing two number pages.
Forum: Mailmerge December 12th 09, 03:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 2
Posted By John
Lost connection between Word & Excel

After painstakingly working on a master document with fields linked to an
Excel speadsheet, I lost the data connection between the Word 2007 file and
it's data source in Excel.

The "Mailings" bar...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help December 8th 09, 06:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By John
Expanded Quick Style Gallery context menu vanishes

Word 2007 SP1
XP Pro SP2

Problem: Expanded Quick Style Gallery context menu vanishes

When I expand the Quick Style Gallery and then right mouse (context menu) on
a font, the context menu appears...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help December 2nd 09, 05:33 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By John
Understanding Quick Style Gallery

Word 2007 SP1
XP Pro SP2

Problem: Understanding Quick Style Gallery

When you open a new blank document,
the Quick Style Gallery contains 15 styles.
Why were those 15 chosen when the "in current...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help December 1st 09, 05:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By John
How to remove all styles from the Quick Style Gallery

Word 2007 SP1
XP Pro SP2

Problem: How to remove all styles from the Quick Style Gallery

I have many styles in the Quick Style Gallery list.
I would like to have only a few listed.
Is there a way to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 30th 09, 04:05 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Posted By John
can I scan a image into a word 2010 document?

I just installed Office 2010 Beta, but could not find the OCR feature (MODI)
as described in the referred Office 2007 article.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

The information in the following...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 30th 09, 03:58 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Posted By John
can I scan a image into a word 2010 document?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

The information in the following article on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website applies equally to 2010

http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm

Forum: Page Layout November 22nd 09, 01:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 4
Posted By John
Font change between computers

Thanks Jay. We will give it a try.
--
Thanks...John

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Tell her to go into the options dialog:

- In Word 2003, Tools Options Edit
Forum: Page Layout November 21st 09, 07:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 1
Posted By John
Font change on a different computer

Sorry...this is a duplicate question. Please disregard.
--
Thanks...John

"John" wrote:

I create a Word document using Verdana font. When I send it to another
person they tell me the font...
Forum: Page Layout November 21st 09, 07:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 4
Posted By John
Font change between computers

The problem is on the screen. She tells me that in styles and formatting my
file is converting to the other font.
--
Thanks...John

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:32:02 -0800,...
Forum: Page Layout November 21st 09, 07:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 1
Posted By John
Font change on a different computer

I create a Word document using Verdana font. When I send it to another
person they tell me the font is converting to Verdan Lantin. Any ideas why
this would happen?
--
Thanks...John
Forum: Page Layout November 20th 09, 11:32 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 4
Posted By John
Font change between computers

Hi,

I am sending a file to another person using the Verdana font. When she uses
the file it converts to Latin Verdana.

Any ideas why the change in font?
--
Thanks...John
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 9th 09, 04:25 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I found out that my software firewall was apparently slowing the connection
down but not blocking it from happening which is not what one would expect
i.e. one expects it to block completely. When...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 31st 09, 03:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By John
Word 2007 "Style Body Text + Bold" dilemma

Word 2007 SP1
XP Pro SP2

Problem: Word 2007 "Style Body Text + Bold" dilemma

Create a new DOCX.
Type in a paragraph.

Give the paragraph style Body Text.
Note: Body Text shows a paragraph and...