Search: Posts made by: grammatim[_2_]
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 18th 09, 08:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
Why does my horizontal line look like a rectangle?

The dropdown for choosing the line style is always there; maybe you
should choose the simple style line again?

On Jun 18, 2:50*pm, proudmattsmama
wrote:
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 18th 09, 08:39 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
How to update all the cross-refferenc fields together?

On Jun 18, 2:51*pm, fx wrote:

Ctrl-A, F9
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 18th 09, 08:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 15
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
Track Changes - Off Permanently

You need to Accept All Changes. (I don't know what it is called in the
language of your version.)

On Jun 18, 3:06*pm, Maperalia
wrote:
Ladies & Gentlemen;
I...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 18th 09, 08:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
Field Codes Settings

And if you do that in your normal.dotm template, you probably won't
have the problem upon opening.

On Jun 18, 2:03*pm, Lene Fredborg
wrote:
If you right-click and...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 18th 09, 08:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 15
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
Track changes with multiple authors

Ias it possible that exactly the same username appears in both your
computers??

On Jun 18, 1:27*pm, detobias
wrote:
Let's make sure we are talking the same...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 18th 09, 08:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
How can I add more pages to a Word template?

Templates don't have pages; as you add content to the document, Word
will add pages as needed. If you set up Different First Page and
Different Odd and Even headers/footers in the template, the pages...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 18th 09, 04:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
problem with google groups interface?

For the last two or three days, whenever I post a message in a thread,
I can't get back to the topic list but instead am taken to the
"archive for this group is unavailable" page. I usuallty use the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 18th 09, 04:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 15
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
Track changes with multiple authors

If you hover over one of the changes in each color, the screentip will
show you the username and the date of the change. _Usually_, your own
changes appear in red on your computer, the second...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 18th 09, 04:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
mla
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
mla

That's odd, because MLA is very widely used (though it's not
implemented in Word's unfortunate bibliography tool).

Note that a new (7th) edition must recently have been published, since
there was a...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 18th 09, 04:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
Track changes -- accept/reject changes

That's funny -- Word2003 was my first PC version, and I found it very
annoying that Accept Change in 2007 wouldn't let me view the result of
the accept/reject. Happily, there's a button for...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 18th 09, 03:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
How can I get the show/hide symbol off my word document

What "will not delete"? If you delete a paragraph mark, it deletes and
the two paragraphs join up.

If the Show Non-Printing Characters button doesn't turn off the
paragraph marks, then go into your...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 18th 09, 12:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 7
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
dictionary button grayed out

Does the Set Language (on the Review tab, near the right) of the
document agree with the language of the dictionary?

On Jun 17, 11:19*pm, franche
wrote:
"JWA"...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 18th 09, 12:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
widow orphan control

It isn't possible to change it for "only one page" -- Word doesn't
know what a "page" is.

If you fixed it in your normal.dotm (or normal.dotx) template, it will
be fixed in every new document you...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 18th 09, 12:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
Why does my horizontal line look like a rectangle?

A solid rectangle, which would be a very think straight line -- change
line width back to .5 pt or whatever -- or a box with an open inside?

On Jun 17, 3:35*pm,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 18th 09, 04:31 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
How do you set the properties for font styles in comment boxes?

You need to mess with the "Balloon Text" and "Comment Text" styles.
You get at them with the Styles pane (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-S), Option at the
bottom right, Styles to show: All Styles (you'll want to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 17th 09, 09:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
widow orphan control

In the Office button, click Open, then Templates (in the list at the
left).

What? You're not in Word2007? You need to say what version you have!

On Jun 17, 1:03*pm, Navigate to template. Where is...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 17th 09, 05:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
Repeat table cell if table spans 2 pages

Aha -- the table isn't expanding horizontally, it's expanding
vertically, and simply going to a new page when it fills up the first
page. Word doesn't know that the 21st through 40th (say) rows...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 17th 09, 04:00 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
Repeat table cell if table spans 2 pages

Is Word spreading the table horizontally across the spread, or are you
creating two tables with same-height rows? I suspect the latter.

Word doesn't have a concept of (what the Chicago Manual calls)...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 17th 09, 03:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
Ruler not across width of paper

Thanks! PS You'd also have that effect if there were any Comments in
the document, but it's kinda hard to overlook Comments.

On Jun 17, 8:35*am, "Stefan Blom"
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 17th 09, 03:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
Chapters

BTW Word wastes a perfectly good basic keyboard shortcut on Master
Documents, Ctrl-backslash -- I just made it the keying for "Accept
Change" (and don't move to the next), a button I'd already put on...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 17th 09, 12:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 39
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
Potential MAJOR bug in KB969604?

Yesterday I happened to come across the "Check Updates" line in the
Office Button somewhere and discovered that Office SP2 was _not_
installed in the general updating last week (which installed lots...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 17th 09, 12:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
cannot copy deleted text in tracked changes

Because the text has been deleted.

Undelete it for the moment by selecting it, click Reject Change, copy
it, and delete it again.

On Jun 16, 9:27*pm, Nickred001...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 17th 09, 12:33 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
How to stop the header to repeat the same in all pages?

Sounds like you want page numbers. In a header, click Insert Page
Number (don't type any numbers).

On Jun 16, 8:06*pm,

"Kate" wrote:
im trying to put a different header number in each page....
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 17th 09, 04:43 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
2007 Normal Template

Until I installed my first macro a few weeks ago, I had only a
normal.dotx. Installing the macro changed it to a .dotm.

On Jun 16, 5:46*pm, "Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" [email protected]
wrote:
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 16th 09, 10:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By grammatim[_2_]
Headers in Word 2000

Unselect "Same as Previous" in the toolbar for the header(s) in
Section 3. (Apparently it's already selected in Section 2, the
landscape one.)

(It might be better to use a New Page section break...