Search: Posts made by: garfield-n-odie [MVP]
Forum: Page Layout January 7th 10, 08:57 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 1
unable to see 2nd + pages after pasting from website

Open the affected document in Word 2003. Click on Format | Columns |
One | Apply to: Whole document | OK. Even if "One" already appears to
be selected, click on it anyway.

Joe wrote:
I copied...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 17th 09, 04:33 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Page numbers when I have 2 section breaks in 1 page

Well, it works if the title is at the top of the page. But when I tried
it before posting my reply, I didn't think to see what would happen when
the title is moved down to the middle of the page...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 16th 09, 06:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Page numbers when I have 2 section breaks in 1 page

Instead of using section breaks around the title, I would probably put
the title in a borderless text box or frame with square text wrapping,
and make the text box or frame wide enough to span the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 15th 09, 07:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Avery label 8985?

8257

Louise wrote:
Does anyone know of a substute for Avery label 8985? Thanks!
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 14th 09, 02:22 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
add a border to one column in a two column document

Several ways, but I think the easiest would be to:
1. Select the text that you want to add a border around,
2. Click on the Home tab,
3. Click on the Borders and Shading button in the Paragraph group...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 14th 09, 02:08 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Printer Status Pop Up

If you have Windows XP or Windows Vista, then click on the "Fix this
problem" link at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307729 "How do I
disable balloon tips in the notification area in Windows XP...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 12th 09, 03:53 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
open a document in a new window

In Word 2007, click on Office Button | Word Options | Advanced | scroll
down to the Display group and check the "Show all windows in the
Taskbar" box | OK.

In Word 2003 or earlier, click on Tools...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 12th 09, 12:26 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
How do I make a fill in the blank document, check boxes, etc

Also see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm .

weeksie wrote:

try to make a fill in the blank document allowing so manner letters, check
box,etc
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 12th 09, 12:24 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/FillinTheBlanks.htm .

weeksie wrote:

try to make a fill in the blank document allowing so manner letters, check
box,etc
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 12th 09, 12:23 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
is there a way to place a text watermark in a vertical position?

Open the header (either by clicking on View | Header and Footer, or by
clicking on Insert | Header | Edit Header, depending on whatever unknown
version of Word you're using), left-click once on the...
Forum: New Users November 12th 09, 12:19 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 9
Word 2007 strange characters?

Little blue question mark in a circle near the upper right corner of the
Word window...

Artreid wrote:

One problem solved and an other question:
- How/Where is the HELP Button in Office 2007...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 11th 09, 11:57 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Can't open docs from Outlook into Word or close Word withoutEror

Do you have Windows Vista? If yes, then click on the "Fix this problem"
link at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=940791 "How do I fix the
problem that I experience after I install an automatic...
Forum: New Users November 11th 09, 09:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 9
Word 2007 strange characters?

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=923505 "How to install the
Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack so that you can use earlier versions
of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word to open and to save files...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 11th 09, 08:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Changing color scheme in Word 2007 using Windows 7 Ultimate

I don't have Windows 7, but if it is like Windows Vista, then you can
also toggle "high contrast" on or off by pressing
Alt+LeftShift+PrintScreen, or there should be an option to turn off
"high...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 11th 09, 09:12 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
How does one open up a .rtf file? WORD will not let me.

You don't know what version of Word you have. You don't know what
happens when you try to open up a .rtf file in your unknown version of
Word. So an alternative method would be to open with...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 9th 09, 08:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
backgrounds

What version of Word? What constitutes "part of my document"? Things
to try:
1. Delete paragraph shading.
2. Delete drawing objects from header and footer.

TedT2476 wrote:

I have a light blue...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 9th 09, 04:02 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Wrapping Excel 2007 Columns to Insert into Word 2007

Try the obvious... start Excel, open spreadsheed, select spreadsheed
cells, press Ctrl+C to copy from Excel spreadsheed, start Word, open
Word document, press Ctrl+V to paste into Word document,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 5th 09, 08:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
how inset file name and destination in the end of document

In Word 2003, click where you want to inset file name and destination,
and click on Insert | Field | Categories: Document Information | Field
names: FileName | check the "Add path to filename" box...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 5th 09, 08:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Can't see a screen shot I have pasted into a document

In Word 2007, click on Office Button | Word Options | Display | check
the boxes for "Print drawings created in Word" and "Print background
colors and images" | Advanced | scroll down to the "Show...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 5th 09, 08:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Formatted Picture

In Word 2007, click on Office Button | Word Options | Advanced | scroll
down to the "Show document content" section, and uncheck the "Show
picture placeholders" box | OK.

Kathie B. wrote:
Forum: Page Layout November 5th 09, 06:59 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 1
how can I stop printing of the page containg file details etc?

In Word 2007, click on Office Button | Word Options | Display |
uncheck the "Print document properties" box | OK.

In Word 2003 or earlier, click on Tools | Options | Print tab |
uncheck the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 4th 09, 04:58 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
read only folders

This newsgroup is for questions about Microsoft Word. Do you have a
question about Microsoft Word?

jexie wrote:

How do I change a read only folder. I need to remove it and I get the
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 4th 09, 04:48 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
How do I set up a paraphrase?

Please state in your own words what you believe to be the definition of
the word "paraphrase". In what context do you wish to set up a
paraphrase? Maybe you are writing a paragraph about what you...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 3rd 09, 06:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Tracking Question

Yes it is possible. Open doc1.docx, click on Office Button | Save as,
save as doc2.docx, click on Review | Accept Change | Accept All Changes
in Document, ensure that Track Changes is enabled, and...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 3rd 09, 05:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
FILES ARE TAKING AN inordinately LONG TIME to open

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=830561 "Documents that have
attached templates take a long time to open in Word 2002 and in Word 2003".

Clarkeyd wrote:

Files locally stored as well on the...