Search: Posts made by: Cliff
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 16th 10, 11:33 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Cliff
embed .wav to word doc

how can you embed a .wav into a word doc such that it plays when the doc is
opened?
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 16th 10, 11:33 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Cliff
embed .wav to word doc

how can you embed a .wav into a word doc such that it plays when the doc is
opened?
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 30th 10, 10:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Cliff
how do I customize a running head?

I need for the header to not be on the 2nd page of my document. I only need
the number on the second page.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 30th 10, 10:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Cliff
how do I customize a running head?

I need for the header to not be on the 2nd page of my document. I only need
the number on the second page.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 25th 09, 02:52 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Cliff
Word or Excel 2007-Insert scan selection is missing.

Word or Excel 2007-Insert scan selection is missing. In office 2003 there was
a selection to choose from camera or scanner directly from the word pull down
menu.
Now there are 20+ steps to deal...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 24th 09, 01:04 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Cliff
screen layout & document map

I would like to move the document map to the right of the screen so it sits
over my number pad and my document sits over my keyboard, is it possible to
move it from the default left?
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 20th 09, 06:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Cliff
Change font color with Accent 4, Darker 50%

I am a new user to Word 2007. I can't seem to locate how to edit the font
color, applying Accent 4, Darker 50%. Please help.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 27th 09, 05:26 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Cliff
Does anybody have any opinions or quick tips for word?

"Computeruser.com" wrote:

Please send them to me at
Hmm. Well, I figured most people were smart enough to recognize when a new
paragraph starts, but I guess I was wrong....
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 25th 09, 05:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Cliff
Does anybody have any opinions or quick tips for word?

Yes, you answered my questions, and I thank you. But I've been using Word
since Windows 3.1, and I've never had such difficulty navigating its menu and
customizing it to my desires.

"p0" wrote:

Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 25th 09, 03:42 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Cliff
Does anybody have any opinions or quick tips for word?

"Computeruser.com" wrote:

Please send them to me at
I hate the new Word. Hate it hate it hate it. I can't get rid of buttons
I'll never use (such as the paragraph mark --...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 4th 08, 03:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Cliff
Unwanted yellow background in pdf documents

What fixed it for me is creating a new word document and copying and pasting
all the content into the new word document. Not a great solution by any
means as Robert is probably correct about...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 4th 08, 03:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Cliff
Unwanted yellow background in pdf documents

This does not help me either.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello Madmac

madmac56 wrote:
I have Office 2007. I dl'd & installed save as pdf or xps from MS. Seems to
work good...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 18th 08, 06:08 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Cliff
Where can I find symbols for musical notation (accidentals, et

Brian: I know that Wordperfect 12 have sharps and flats in their symbols.
I've recently switched over to Microsoft Word.
Thanks
Cliff

"Brian" wrote:

THe following URL may have what you need.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 18th 08, 06:06 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Brian" wrote:

THe following URL may have what you need.

http://www.hindson.com.au/wordpress/index.php/free-fonts-available-for-download/

Hope it helps,
--
Brian McCaffery
Forum: Mailmerge April 15th 08, 09:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

How do I export my email addresses from outlook 2003 from my old computer to
a new computer.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 1st 07, 12:09 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Cliff
Using Find/Replace

I am proofing large documents looking to find certain items i.e. All
capitals, en dash, em dash, italics, parenthesis, numbers, single quote,
double quote etc.. I would appreciate any short cuts or...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 2nd 07, 05:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Cliff
EOF help!

How do I find the end of a graphics document?
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 2nd 07, 04:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Cliff
Combining two graphics documents into one

I have two Word documents (graphics) that I need to combine into one
document...how can I do this? Thanks in advance!
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 29th 06, 03:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Cliff
Find multiple characters in one find using MSword find/replace

I am editing my word document and when I search to find something, for
example I would like to search for question marks and exclamation marks at
the same time.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 15th 06, 04:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Date Smart Tags in Word 2003 don't seem to work?

Thanks for your input. However, I have already tried that...

Everything is enabled, except Financial Symbol.

Thanks

"Kristin Broggi" wrote:

Cliff - I use Word 2002 but the answer might be the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 15th 06, 12:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Date Smart Tags in Word 2003 don't seem to work?

Names & Places do work, but I can't get Word2003 to recognise a date. I've
tried various formats of dates...

TIA