Search: Posts made by: JPh12
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 27th 19, 03:48 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By JPh12
MS Word 2007 document map background color

Is there a way to change the document map background shade or color in Word 2007 so it's not white?
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 22nd 18, 01:21 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By JPh12
Not getting a response on this site, I posted the...

Not getting a response on this site, I posted the same message to answers.microsoft.com, and Doug Robbins replied with the "w.activate" addition.

I wanted to delete my Wordbanter post but it's not...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 22nd 18, 02:24 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By JPh12
Duplicate from above

Duplicate from above
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 22nd 18, 02:23 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By JPh12
The solution...

The solution is
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-mso_windows8-mso_archive/how-to-minimize-all-documents-in-a-ms-window-macro/f19634a9-5d2e-427d-ab57-99aae9193012
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 21st 18, 02:41 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By JPh12
How does "Arrange all" ordering work?

I use "Arrange all" to tile several documents in my MS Word 2003 window.

Having opened those document in a certain order, 1, 2, 3, 4, say, I'm hoping they would be arranged accordingly, from top to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 20th 18, 11:00 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By JPh12
Shortcut to minimize document

Is there a shortcut to minimize an active Word document (in a window opened with the "Windows in Taskbar" View option unchecked, obviously)?

How about a shortcut to minimize all documents?

I tried...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help December 1st 15, 08:16 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By JPh12
Unwanted word substitution in the entire document

I sometimes encounter this strange behavior: while running the spell checker in Word 2003 (it also happened before with Word 97), a word (A) is substituted for another (B) all over the document.

The...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 30th 15, 08:22 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By JPh12
Can't delete white space

I have a 2003 MS Word document where, in some places, deleting a white space using Backspace won't work. I have to move the cursor to the left, go past that point, then go back and delete it.

I...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 17th 15, 09:05 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By JPh12
Found the...

Found the answer:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/officeversion_other-word/how-do-i-find-the-add-in-thats-causing-a-problem/56136484-b8a4-47f4-aa45-961512d1c74d
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 5th 15, 11:50 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By JPh12
Tracking add-ins

I have an unexpected behavior in MS Word 2003 that goes away when I run it with winword/a (I'm using Windows 8). I think it means an add-in is responsible, but I don't see any in the COM Add-ins...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 5th 15, 03:12 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By JPh12
Blue circle flicker at cursor in Word 2003

I posted a new thread after finding out that the problem goes away with winword/a.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 15th 13, 03:26 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By JPh12
The reason I believed something was changing...

The reason I believed something was changing while running the manual spell checker is that I sometimes noticed a delay when autocorrecting. I thought that could be when a spurious substitution was...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 13th 13, 08:58 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By JPh12
I'm not sure I understand what you refer to when...

I'm not sure I understand what you refer to when you say "I wouldn't expect anything to change". I was saying I doubt Check_spelling_as_you_type could be the problem since the box is grayed out...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 13th 13, 02:53 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By JPh12
Thanks. I'd missed that because the Automatically...

Thanks. I'd missed that because the Automatically _use_ suggestions box wasn't active -- I see now that Check_spelling_as_you_type has to be enabled first. Hopefully that will do the trick.

But on...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 12th 13, 05:41 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By JPh12
Thank you for following up. You're making a good...

Thank you for following up. You're making a good point, but it's not so convenient to use the spell checker with automatic suggestions disabled since one has to go back to the text and make the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 12th 13, 05:36 PM
Replies: 12

Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 11th 13, 03:09 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By JPh12
It doesn't. The problem is not that a new entry...

It doesn't. The problem is not that a new entry is added to the Autocorrect list. That problem is that the replacement occurs in all instances simultaneously while I'm still running the Spell...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 10th 13, 10:42 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By JPh12
Autocorrect strange problem (MSW 2003)

With MS Word 2003 I sometimes encounter this weird problem: after using Autocorrect in the Spelling and Grammar tool, I realize that a word I auto-corrected has been used by MSWord to replace...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 21st 13, 12:17 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By JPh12
I'm coming back to this thread because I...

I'm coming back to this thread because I experienced an error during a long spell-checking session. Word crashed and even though I have my Autorecovery set to 5 minutes, the recovered file was much...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 7th 13, 08:01 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By JPh12
Yes, I can see the autocorrect entries when I...

Yes, I can see the autocorrect entries when I read the .acl file in Wordpad and I guess I can extract the ones I didn't get with the mvps template (which got most of them already).
Thanks!
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 6th 13, 02:32 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By JPh12
[QUOTE='Stefan Blom[_3_];493896']Are you...

[QUOTE='Stefan Blom[_3_];493896']Are you referring to the template from
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/exportautocorrect.htm?

Yes, exactly.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 1st 13, 11:17 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By JPh12
AutoCorrect.dot doesn't backup all entries?

In MS Word 2003, I ran AutoCorrect.dot (from AutoCorrect.zip) to backup my autocorrect entries. Of my 11000 entries or so I only got about 9600 (it stopped at letter T). Is it a known limitation of...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 14th 12, 09:33 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By JPh12
There's something strange going on. In my browser...

There's something strange going on. In my browser (Opera, XP) I don't see the "" in your macro. I don't see it here in your reply either (but I saw it in my email alert). I've had problems with my...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 14th 12, 03:39 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By JPh12
Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I maintained...

Thanks for getting back to me.
Yes, I maintained the macro as is when I copied it into the Microsoft Visual Basic editor.
When I run it I get a "Compile error: Syntax error" message and the line...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 13th 12, 04:38 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By JPh12
Print paragraph first line only

MS Word (2003) Outline view has an option to show only the first line of every paragraph. But it doesn't allow to print it.
Is there a way (macro?) to print such a condensed view of the...