Search: Posts made by: Rae Drysdale
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 16th 10, 05:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Rae Drysdale
Word does not overwritght highlighted texts

Tools | Options and the Edit tab. In the top left box check Typing replaces
selection.
--
Rae Drysdale

This problem first occured several weeks ago. If I highlight a text...

"Trollreign" wrote:

This problem first occured several weeks ago. If I highlight a text...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 23rd 10, 03:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Rae Drysdale
Unblock Delete Key

In Word 2003, click on Tools | Options | Edit | check the "Typing replaces
selection" box | OK. Probably on the big 'pizza' button in 2007, but I'm
still avoiding using 2007 so not sure.
--
Rae...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 23rd 10, 03:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Rae Drysdale
Unblock Delete Key

In Word 2003, click on Tools | Options | Edit | check the "Typing replaces
selection" box | OK. Probably on the big 'pizza' button in 2007, but I'm
still avoiding using 2007 so not sure.
--
Rae...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 12th 10, 08:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Rae Drysdale
headers

Do you have "Different first page" enabled? Page Setup | Layout. Make sure
that different first page is not checked. By the way which version of Word
are you using?
--
Rae Drysdale

"regina"...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 12th 10, 08:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Rae Drysdale
headers

Do you have "Different first page" enabled? Page Setup | Layout. Make sure
that different first page is not checked. By the way which version of Word
are you using?
--
Rae Drysdale

"regina"...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 10th 10, 01:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Rae Drysdale
document is slow to print

Graphics will take longer to print. If you can compress the graphics it
should shorten the printing time. Click on a graphic and on the picture
toolbar you will see a small square with arrows...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 10th 10, 01:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Rae Drysdale
document is slow to print

Graphics will take longer to print. If you can compress the graphics it
should shorten the printing time. Click on a graphic and on the picture
toolbar you will see a small square with arrows...
Forum: Page Layout April 10th 10, 01:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 2
Posted By Rae Drysdale
Activating cursor for free text

Word always has a blank line below a table, so you should be able to get
outside the table. Try double-clicking where you want to start typing. If you
need to post back say which version of Word...
Forum: Page Layout April 10th 10, 01:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 2
Posted By Rae Drysdale
Activating cursor for free text

Word always has a blank line below a table, so you should be able to get
outside the table. Try double-clicking where you want to start typing. If you
need to post back say which version of Word...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 10th 10, 01:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Rae Drysdale
how to reduce double spaces in between words (not lines)in word 20

Do you have your text justified? In order to justify text extra space is put
between words. However you can't delete these "extra" spaces.
--
Rae Drysdale

"NIMISH" wrote:

i am using word 2003...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 10th 10, 01:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Rae Drysdale
how to reduce double spaces in between words (not lines)in word 20

Do you have your text justified? In order to justify text extra space is put
between words. However you can't delete these "extra" spaces.
--
Rae Drysdale

"NIMISH" wrote:

i am using word 2003...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 17th 10, 11:59 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Rae Drysdale
backspace button

In Word 2003, go to Tools | Options and the Edit tab. Check Typing replaces
selection.
--
Rae Drysdale

im having problems using my backspace button.

"swatson" wrote:

im having problems using my backspace button.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 28th 10, 02:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 10
Posted By Rae Drysdale
how do I change the default font size in endnotes?

Endnote is a Style that you can modify.
--
Rae Drysdale

"kar201245" wrote:

How do I alter the default font size in endnotes? I've been qable to change
the default typeface but the font size...

"kar201245" wrote:

How do I alter the default font size in endnotes? I've been qable to change
the default typeface but the font size...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 27th 10, 09:12 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Rae Drysdale
FORMATTING

Which version of Word? In 2003 it's Format | Font and uncheck strikethrough.
--
Rae Drysdale

HOW DO I CANCEL STRIKETHROUGH FORMATTING?

"LOU" wrote:

HOW DO I CANCEL STRIKETHROUGH FORMATTING?
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 27th 10, 03:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Rae Drysdale
how do you costumize space bar?

Press the Insert key (make sure number lock is off). You are on overtype mode.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Moo" wrote:

When writing a document and i am trying to put space between words the space
bar...

"Moo" wrote:

When writing a document and i am trying to put space between words the space
bar...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 22nd 10, 10:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Rae Drysdale
How do I download a document on a flash drive?

In My Documents right-click on the file and select Send to and the drive
letter for your flash drive.
--
Rae Drysdale

I have a powerpoint presentation and I want to save it...

"Personnel" wrote:

I have a powerpoint presentation and I want to save it...
Forum: New Users February 22nd 10, 10:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 6
Posted By Rae Drysdale
Product key not working

When Office is installed on a pc before purchase it usually is a trial copy
which lasts for 60 uses. Then you need to purchase it.
--
Rae Drysdale

"huntr43" wrote:

When i click on Microsoft...
Forum: New Users February 22nd 10, 09:19 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 6
Posted By Rae Drysdale
Product key not working

The product number refers to the operating system, Windows XP, Vista or
Windows 7. The Office product number should be with the CD.
--
Rae Drysdale

"huntr43" wrote:

I have it on a sticker...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 22nd 10, 09:12 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Rae Drysdale
How do I fix the format to get rid of {hyperlink} etc?

What version of Word? In 2003 Tools | Options and in the View Tab uncheck
Field Codes.
--
Rae Drysdale

"lcar" wrote:

I can't figure out how to change the view or formatting so that what shows...