Search: Posts made by: Sue
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 27th 10, 10:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Sue
How do I create a custom Function Key Template

I want to create a function key overlay. Since I can (and probably will)
change some of the function keys from time to time, I would like a blank
template that I can change whenever I need to.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 27th 10, 10:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Sue
How do I create a custom Function Key Template

I want to create a function key overlay. Since I can (and probably will)
change some of the function keys from time to time, I would like a blank
template that I can change whenever I need to.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 26th 10, 07:28 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Sue
AutoText/Correct

I need to add an autotext or autocorrect to many machines without replaced
their current list or backing up what they have and adding just the one new
entry. any ideas? This is for Word 2003. ...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 26th 10, 07:28 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Sue
AutoText/Correct

I need to add an autotext or autocorrect to many machines without replaced
their current list or backing up what they have and adding just the one new
entry. any ideas? This is for Word 2003. ...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 4th 10, 12:44 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Sue
How do I lock in a watermark?

How do I lock in a picture and text on a document to be used as a company
letterhead?
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 4th 10, 12:44 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Sue
How do I lock in a watermark?

How do I lock in a picture and text on a document to be used as a company
letterhead?
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 23rd 10, 03:50 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Sue
newspaper articles

the newspaper article allows at the bottom of it to share with friends. It
has an email button there. When I click on it it comes back with article and
place to type friends email address but no...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 23rd 10, 03:50 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Sue
newspaper articles

the newspaper article allows at the bottom of it to share with friends. It
has an email button there. When I click on it it comes back with article and
place to type friends email address but no...
Forum: Mailmerge February 15th 10, 03:19 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 2
Posted By Sue
Mailmerge from Access using date fields

Hi got a simple Access database for client details. One field is date of
birth. When merging it into letters etc, the date of birth comes thro back
to front. For example, 12 Sept 61, comes thro...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 4th 10, 04:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Sue
Inserting Diagonal Lines inside a Cell

Does anyone know how to insert diagonal lines inside a cell?
I'm using Microsoft Word 2007 and I created monthly calendars from
January-December. I would like to "X" out the respective days of...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 29th 09, 10:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Sue
Word 2002 shuts down

I am working in Word 2002. Just a few days ago it started shutting down with
an error message everytime I use it. I have tried EVERYTHING short of
reformatting my computer. Any suggestions at...
Forum: Mailmerge November 18th 09, 10:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 1
Posted By Sue
Mail Merge Crash

Have been trying to complete a merge using Excel 2007 and Word 2007 and
everything freezes while in "edit indidual letter or edit documents" \I can
merge the envelopes from the same excel file and...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 10th 09, 01:12 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Sue
Show insertions as well as deletions

Thanks for explaining that to me, it helps!
Sue

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In Final Showing Markup view, insertions are shown inline (underlined by
default) and deletions in balloons. In...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 9th 09, 09:45 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Sue
Show insertions as well as deletions

I have it set at underline, still same problem. When I click reviewing pane
it shows insertions and deletions, but in the document itself it just shows
deletions to the right of the paragraph (and...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 9th 09, 08:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Sue
Show insertions as well as deletions

When I have track changes on in word 2007 it shows my deletions to the right
of the paragraph, but not my insertions. I looked at change tracking
options, looks fine, so what is the problem? ...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 27th 09, 07:32 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Sue
what to do when i try to save a document nothing happen

When i type in mocrosoft word and click the save button nothing happen. I i
try to close the document the do you want to save promt comes up, if i click
yes nothing happen. if i click no the...
Forum: Mailmerge September 25th 09, 05:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 4
Posted By Sue
Moving bulk information from Excel to Word

Yeah sorry I guess I wasn't very clear in what I am trying to do. So in the
spread sheet I have looks something like this:

Counter Description GPS
00010 Tree ...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 25th 09, 03:21 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Sue
I GET A SPACE WHEN I PRINT A LIST

I have 2 list of names in separate columns -when I print the list I get 2
spaces in the list. What's wrong? Thanks for any help
Forum: Mailmerge September 24th 09, 05:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 4
Posted By Sue
Moving bulk information from Excel to Word

I am wanting to move all data under a number of headings from Excel to Word.
For example counter number and a list of the counter numbers I have
entered will move across, 0001, 0002, 0003. Is...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 12th 09, 08:34 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Sue
Convert Word 2 doc to Office 2003

Word 2 is a Word for Windows program. I am desperately hoping to be able to
retain layout especially tables and other formatting. Will Word for Windows 2
be backward compatible to DOS without loss...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 12th 09, 05:53 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Sue
Convert Word 2 doc to Office 2003

Is there a converter for this? I have a lot of Word 2 doc's that I need to
access. I am now using a newer machine running XP Home and Office 2003.
Previously I was using Win98SE and Office 2000 but...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 5th 09, 10:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Sue
Headings

My Chapter heading needs to be Chapter One then the headings in the document
need to be 1.1.1.1 etc. When I make Heading 1 Chapter One then Heading 2
wants to be One.1 Heading 3 One.1.1 etc. Is...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 17th 09, 11:02 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Sue
Apostrophe creates a new line and capital letter

I think you are exactly correct. There was something sticky between the
apostrophe and enter keys. Let's just hope this takes care of it! Thank you
so much for taking the time to help.

"Peter...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 17th 09, 06:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Sue
Apostrophe creates a new line and capital letter

In Word, apostophes and quotation marks make the cursor go to a new line, and
usually the next letter becomes a capital letter.
Example: I wasn'
T planning to go to the store.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 14th 09, 10:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Sue
pdfs are opening with a green background

In the last week I've had a problem with some, not all, of the .pdf docs that
I open - they appear as black text on an olive green background. They're
difficult to read on-screen, although when I...