Search: Posts made by: Robert M. Franz (RMF)
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 27th 09, 06:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
TABLE SELECTING

Hello Subligaria

Subligaria wrote:
In Word 2007, does anyone know of a way to select all tables within a
document?

Within the Find dialog, there doesn't seem to be a special command that...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 27th 09, 06:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
How can I change the icon for a single word document ?

Hello WAC

WAC wrote:
I want to change the icon for a Word file so it can be easily selected from
other Word documents.

under Windows, I don't know of any way to do this for a single file. If...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 27th 09, 06:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
How do I put a hyperlink in the Work 2007 Ribbon?

Hello Ms T

Ms T wrote:
In Word 2003 I am able to create new menus to add to the toolbar especially
in a template. The ace thing about Word 2003 is that you can also create
hyperlinks on the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 27th 09, 06:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Style and spelling dictionary language correlation (Word 2007)

abc wrote:
Can I define a style that uses a specific language for spell checking?

yes: language is a character property, and paragraph styles also contain
such properties. In the absence of a...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 26th 09, 01:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Open Html using Word

Buddy wrote:
I have one HTML page which has Link to the Image from a Website, I can open
this HTML page with MS Word and saving it as a MS Word Document. But when i
open this word document,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 26th 09, 01:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
can you change the default from full page to single label

Hi Sprinkle

Sprinkle wrote:
Printing Labels-can you change the default from full page to single label

the label has the size of the whole page?

2cents
Robert
--
Forum: Formatting Long Documents February 24th 09, 02:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Replies: 3

Hello Anderón

Anderón wrote:
Is there an easier way to create different page colors in a Word 2007
document?

Always, when I change the first page colour, this apply to all pages..

that's...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 24th 09, 10:18 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Open Word 2007 doc with link to Excel 2007

L Sangree wrote:
Below you will see a response I received via email from Microsoft Enterprise
Services & Support for Businesses Applications. I am amazed that the solution
is to use the 2003...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 18th 09, 09:13 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
file naming conventions

Hello Elizabeth

"Elizabeth" wrote:
I am using Word 2003. I transcribe cases for Justice Dept. I need to save
them with names that identify the region, case number and year. I do it like
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 14th 09, 10:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Spell check error

Hello Owen

[email protected] wrote:
When I try to use spell check with a specific document I keep getting dll
errors, but then the spell check function works fine with other documents. It
only...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 14th 09, 10:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Open Word 2007 doc with link to Excel 2007

Hello L

L Sangree wrote:
We have "model" Word docs in a shared directory that have links to Excel.
When someone wants to use the model they copy all the Excel and Word docs for
that model...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 14th 09, 02:48 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
"Paste Link" functionality?

Hello Sharon

Sharon wrote:
Hi there! I am trying to find out whether Word has a similar function to
Excel’s Paste Link. I often have projects that borrow content from another
project’s...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 14th 09, 12:21 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
reading mode 2003 possible to read with 3/4 screen

Hello kerala

kerala78 wrote:
I really liked in 2003 the feature of having a reading mode that
wasn't full screen. I'm a student and what I'd like to do is open
reading mode to a window that is...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 14th 09, 12:17 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Word 97 on copy and paste, no graphics file.

Hello Timothy

Timothy G Me wrote:
When I copy and paste from anything on to a Word 97 doc. I get an error code
when trying to open latter saying "Word cannot open the graphics file"
Can I do...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 11th 09, 01:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Using Word 2007 template problem

KingMe wrote:
This is very strange but maybe others had similar problem.
Used a Newsletter Word 2007 template. Background was white.
Completed the Newsletter (14 pages). Saved it as PDF.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 11th 09, 01:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Is there a good way to generate a list of acronyms in Word 2007?

Hello cvarner

cvarner wrote:
I have a Word document that contains a bunch of acronyms sprinkled throughout
the document. Is there an automatic way to search through the document for
all the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 11th 09, 12:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
How many files can be open?

Barrie wrote:
Can someone please tell me if there is a limit to the number of files that
can be open at once in Word 2007? Is it a function of Virtual memory size?
Is there a built-in limit...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 11th 09, 12:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Print paging explanation

Hello Jan

Jan Kratochvil wrote:
I have a continual problem with the paging to hold the content properly how
is look if I save my Word file.

I have heard that the problem with other look...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 10th 09, 03:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Cannot open file In Windows 7

Hello Chaiwat

chaiwatvc wrote:
I am using windows 7 beta and Microsoft word 2007(Set compatiblity as
Windows XP SP2) and I can't open file by double-click on file.If I do that It
will show...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 10th 09, 03:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Getting streaming code when opening word files

Hi Coach

Coach79 wrote:
Everytime I open a word file attachment from email or the web, it comes up in
some type of code rather than in English. It didn't use to do this. How do
I get...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 10th 09, 01:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Microsoft Works Language Fix?

Hello Robin

Robin wrote:
Let me explain my story, I have a copy of MS Works. But as I don't use it I
gave it to my girlfriend (who doesnt speak my native language).
So, now we have the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 10th 09, 10:22 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
How could I create a htlm sign for background?

Hello Juan

Juan wrote:
I want to insert a design sign in my outlook mail, but I have no clue about
how to do it. Anyone there knew how to do so? Thanks

I've never heard the term "design sign",...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 10th 09, 10:11 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
How do I draw economics charts, ie PPF, utility, etc.?

Hello Jim

Jim Balcomb wrote:
It's simple enough to make various charts and graphs but I can't figure out
how to create XY line charts with tangent lines, curves, etc. It would seem
some...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 3rd 09, 02:19 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
How can I save mailing labels for future use?

Hello spectrum

spectrum wrote:
I need to know how to save my labels for future use.

I presume you are talking about a label mailmerge? Merge to new document
and save it like an ordinary...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 3rd 09, 02:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
differences between word2003 and word2007

Hello Margareth

margareth wrote:
pls, i will like to know the differences and similarites between word2003 and
word 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA100742241033.aspx

HTH
Robert