Search: Posts made by: Venky62
Forum: Mailmerge August 17th 12, 02:18 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Venky62
And this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294693

Forum: Mailmerge August 17th 12, 02:16 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Venky62
Please see this link...

Please see this link http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 14th 12, 02:09 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Venky62
Try: {={DATE \@"yyyy"}-1}

Try:
{={DATE \@"yyyy"}-1}
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 13th 12, 12:41 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Venky62
When you enter a page break, all the text matter...

When you enter a page break, all the text matter below the break shifts to a new page. But this will not be visible in the draft view or outline view. Go to print layout view by using the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 12th 12, 12:43 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By Venky62
Good for you. Do you know of any wbsite where I...

Good for you. Do you know of any wbsite where I can learn the basics of XML as applied to Word? Since Microsoft has adopted open XML format from word 2007 on, I think the future lies in getting...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 12th 12, 12:38 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Venky62
Looks like Allan got the solution to his problem....

Looks like Allan got the solution to his problem. But agree that I could have misunderstood what he wanted, so it was good that you responded. And the point about installing macro is duly noted....
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 11th 12, 12:08 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Venky62
It depends on the template you are using. The...

It depends on the template you are using. The business card template is not designed so that one card will be replicated to fill the entire sheet. You have to chage each card in the sheet...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 11th 12, 11:51 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Venky62
Please try the code given in attached txt file.

Please try the code given in attached txt file.
Forum: New Users August 3rd 12, 05:21 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Venky62
This code will print out the full path of all the...

This code will print out the full path of all the pictures in your document. But they should have been inserted into the document with a "Link" or "Insert and Link" selected in the Insert Picture...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 3rd 12, 06:03 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By Venky62
No, you don't need to include the Option Explicit...

No, you don't need to include the Option Explicit statement to make the code work. If you have copied the code without that statement, then fine.

What I did not understand was how a copy editor...
Forum: Formatting Long Documents August 3rd 12, 05:19 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Venky62
It is posted in wordbanter.com....

It is posted in wordbanter.com. Thread:
http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=155399
Forum: Formatting Long Documents August 2nd 12, 01:38 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Venky62
Do you want to print all the formatting...

Do you want to print all the formatting information of a heading, or do you want help with centering the heading?

You can see what is preventing you from centering a heading by looking at all the...
Forum: Formatting Long Documents August 2nd 12, 01:30 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Venky62
You have to select a project from the left hand...

You have to select a project from the left hand window. In the left hand window you will find a Folder tree with Normal at top, followed by Project(Your document Name) below that, and so on. Since...
Forum: Formatting Long Documents August 2nd 12, 06:27 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Venky62
Please use this code. But save your original...

Please use this code. But save your original document and test this code on a copy to see if it works. I have not tested this code, but reading it, it seems it will do the job. And this has been...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 2nd 12, 06:04 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By Venky62
Phew! I feel happy that it suits your...

Phew! I feel happy that it suits your requirement.

The "Option Explicit" statement is part of VBA options. It simply means that the code has to declare all variables. It prevents error in...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 1st 12, 05:33 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Venky62
Okay. Your wish is granted. I have combined the...

Okay. Your wish is granted. I have combined the original transpose macro with the code I wrote and now you can remove the old transpose code and put this one. It will work exactly as the old...
Forum: New Users August 1st 12, 12:30 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Venky62
You are right. I am stumped. Cannot find a way...

You are right. I am stumped. Cannot find a way around it. Sorry.
Forum: New Users August 1st 12, 12:03 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Venky62
Great. Good for you. Yes, that is even better.

Great. Good for you. Yes, that is even better.
Forum: Formatting Long Documents August 1st 12, 06:29 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Venky62
Please see this link. It will give you all the...

Please see this link. It will give you all the info you need.

http://daiya.mvps.org/bookword.htm

Also do a google search for this topic and you will get additional help. There are many articles on...
Forum: New Users August 1st 12, 06:11 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Venky62
You have to use the unicode(hex) code and type...

You have to use the unicode(hex) code and type Alt+x after that. Do this.
1. Open the Find and Replace dialog box. Place your cursor in the Find field.

2. Type 2022 and then press Alt+x. It will...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 1st 12, 05:32 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By Venky62
Yes, you are right. I never could have imagined...

Yes, you are right. I never could have imagined what you actually wanted if you had not explained it. So you need to go over each word of the text, and correct as you go. Got it. I was laughing at...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 31st 12, 08:07 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Venky62
Are you familiar with Bookmarks in Word? That...

Are you familiar with Bookmarks in Word? That should help you. To know how to use them, search on this forum and the internet and also read this...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 31st 12, 05:47 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Venky62
Have you even tried it? Or are you feeling it is...

Have you even tried it? Or are you feeling it is more complicated? Since you have so many different scenarios, footnote before character, after character, and none, the only way to deal with all of...
Forum: New Users July 31st 12, 03:59 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Venky62
You could consider using a ListNum field for...

You could consider using a ListNum field for those paragraphs that shouldn't appear in TOC. The nonTOC paragraphs should be set to a style other than headings, eg body text. Then it won't show up in...
Forum: Page Layout July 31st 12, 01:26 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Venky62
Since you need to insert only one extra...

Since you need to insert only one extra paragraph, and that too only occasionally, you can insert a blank paragraph above the newly inserted paragraph and restart numbering.

Of course, this will not...