Search: Posts made by: Cindy M.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 28th 09, 03:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Cindy M.
nonbreaking space

Hi Flossie,

In Word 2000 is it possible to create an autocorrect for nonbreaking spaces
so that everytime I use Mr or Mrs the normal space after each word is
automatically replaced with a...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 28th 09, 03:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Cindy M.
document protection and Ink Annotations

Hi =?Utf-8?B?Y2dpamFn?=,

I've seen a few posts regarding protecting a Word document (by sections) and
the Ink (comments/annotations) feature using a tablet pc. It seems that even
though you...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 28th 09, 03:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Cindy M.
Creating styles with conditional formating

Hi vojo,

I can't think of any way to do this. I don't think there are any fields that
apply styles. Fields can only reference text that has a style applied. Best
that occurs to me is to use an IF...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 28th 09, 03:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Cindy M.
[error] Control 'VSClientControl' cannot be created

Hi =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=,

1. From Internet Explorer select Edit Select All Copy
2. Paste to a Word document (.doc) file, and save to hard disk. This shows
fine at this stage on one PC (Win XP...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 28th 09, 03:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Cindy M.
Stop Recording button disappears

Hi Angie,

Which version of Word?

FWIW you can turn off protection - both actions will be recorded and you can
just delete the one you don't need...

Trying to set up my first macro. Creating...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 27th 09, 04:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Cindy M.
Saving Protection in Word Template

Hi Tiffany,

Check in which file format you're saving the document. Are you saving as a "Word
Document (*.doc)" file, or as something else?

I am creating a template in Office 2003 on a computer...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 27th 09, 04:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 2
Posted By Cindy M.
Proofing tools for Office 2003/Swedish language support

Hi Daniel,

I am looking for the proofing tools for Office 2003 since I want to include
Swedish spell checking to Word. Unfortunately, I cannot find any place where
I can get the proofing...
Forum: New Users January 27th 09, 04:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 2
Posted By Cindy M.
Proofing tools for Office 2003/Swedish language support

Hi Daniel,

I am looking for the proofing tools for Office 2003 since I want to include
Swedish spell checking to Word. Unfortunately, I cannot find any place where
I can get the proofing...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 23rd 09, 08:04 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Cindy M.
VBA scripts disappear from Normal.dot

Hi Jo,

I've created a collection of template files for Word including a Normal.dot
file with a few short VBA scripts. I use robocopy.exe to copy the template
files to all my users' xp...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 23rd 09, 08:04 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Cindy M.
Update Linked Documents in a Protected Word Document

Hi Lon,

I am using Word 2003. I have a primary Word document that I have protected,
using "Protect Document", with Read-Only access, with a few exceptions. The
primary document contains...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 23rd 09, 08:04 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Cindy M.
cursor disappears

Hi Steve,

when in a word document and drawing an object ( line, circle etc...) the
cursor disappears and cannot see where it is at or what is being drawn

Sounds like a problem with your...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 23rd 09, 08:04 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Cindy M.
Can Word Template be Published to SharePoint?

Hi LyLy,

I would like to create a Status Report template in SharePoint where users
could paste/append their individual status in a fixed Word template. Is this
possible? Can you publish a...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 22nd 09, 02:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Cindy M.
Problems with generating an index

Hi Dunkie,

I had already checked both of the items you suggested before I sent the first
message. Any other suggestions? It seems to me that it's a "bug" maybe?
I've had several people try...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 22nd 09, 02:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Cindy M.
Template and Compat Mode

Hi Wes,

Thanks for the response. Would the macro go in the global template or in
each individual template? We have about 900 Word 03 templates so altering
them is a large effort.

You may...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 21st 09, 12:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Cindy M.
Saving files with track changes embedded

Hi Ben,

OK, I stumbled across it while looking for something else :-)

In the Word Options, go to the Trust Center, then into the "Trust Center
settings". Select the "Privacy options" and you'll...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 21st 09, 12:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Cindy M.
Interative indexing

Hi Sonu,

I know how to create index in miscrosoft word.
But what I want is this.

I want to create a index and then have ability to jump to a specific
topic when I click on this index....
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 21st 09, 12:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Cindy M.
How do I remove the shading (3d affect) from review comments

Hi James,

I want to remove the shading (3d affect) from review comments in word 2007

You mean the balloons in the margins? There's no option that lets you change
how the balloons appear, only...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 21st 09, 12:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Cindy M.
embedding objects - document size

Hi =?Utf-8?B?amtuYXBwMTAwNQ==?=,

My boss wants to embed documents as objects. He has about 20 documents
embedded, and now his document is about 44MB (they are all pdf files). The
files...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 21st 09, 12:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Cindy M.
Word 2007 AutoText and Styles?

Hi John,

There has been a paradigm shift in Word 2007 and you can no longer
classify/group AutoText entries according to a style name. Instead, Word 2007
now has "Building Blocks", which you can...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 21st 09, 12:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Cindy M.
Template and Compat Mode

Hi Wes,

Here is the scenario that is causing us problems.

1. Open .dot template to create new doc, Word 07 Opens in Compat mode and
user makes edits.

2. User saves doc, Word 07...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 21st 09, 12:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Cindy M.
Spewing temporary files

Hi George,

Mmm, not really my area of expertise, but since you haven't gotten any