Search: Posts made by: xppuser
Forum: Page Layout June 18th 09, 12:19 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 10
Posted By xppuser
Starting page numbering 21 at page 21 but no numbering precedi

hi Suzanne and Terry,

Thank you again for both comments. I'll describe a typical chapter as an
example.

I use built-in Heading 1 level for say Chapter 1, followed then by some
paragraphs of text...
Forum: Page Layout June 15th 09, 04:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 10
Posted By xppuser
Starting page numbering 21 at page 21 but no numbering precedi

Suzanne, Terry,

Thank you for your input. I am going to read it again.

Terry: Instead of page break between each chapter, I have used section break
Forum: Page Layout June 14th 09, 10:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 10
Posted By xppuser
Starting page numbering 21 at page 21 but no numbering preceding p

Dear all,

OS: Window XP Professional SP3, Office 2003 Professional SP3,

I have created a document - 313 pages all together, divided into 177
sections. The last thing I am about to do (trying to do...
Forum: Page Layout August 13th 07, 10:52 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 3
Posted By xppuser
captioning and applying heading style

gulps... ooops... didn't realise the error of my way...

that link was an eye opener. my initial trial run (using what i have done)
seems to be ok but since i am asking for advice and the experts...
Forum: Page Layout August 9th 07, 01:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 3
Posted By xppuser
captioning and applying heading style

hi all,

xp pro sp2, office 2003 pro sp2.

i think i am seeking more of a reassurance than anything else.

i am creating a document, which at some point later (towards the end of the
writing up the...
Forum: Page Layout October 14th 06, 08:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 6
Posted By xppuser
page number does not appear

hi suzanne,

thank you for your link and advice. it's useful.

jes
Forum: Page Layout October 13th 06, 07:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 6
Posted By xppuser
page number does not appear

hi suzanne,

thank you again for your reply. i have trialled a bit using page break
instead of section break and adding page numbering. i never quite realise
that section break would fundementally...
Forum: Page Layout October 13th 06, 07:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 6
Posted By xppuser
page number does not appear

hi suzanne,

thank you again for your reply. i have trialled a bit using page break
instead of section break and adding page numbering. i never quite realise
that section break would fundementally...
Forum: Page Layout September 25th 06, 02:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 6
Posted By xppuser
page number does not appear

hi all,

office 2003 pro sp2 and wxp pro sp2,

i have a problem that i cannot seem to rectify and would therefore
appreciate advice/help to find out what's the problem and how to solve it.

i have...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 8th 06, 10:48 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By xppuser
replacing capital with lowe case letter

hi all,

office 2003 pro sp2, wxp pro sp2,

i wanted to replace Spontaneous with spontaneous, i used Find and Replace
function where Find - Spontaneous and Replace with - spontaneous but it...
Forum: Tables August 30th 06, 02:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Replies: 1
Posted By xppuser
Table: table grid vs. normal

hi all,

wxp pro sp2, office 2003 sp2,

the problem:
i am encountering a big headaches with some of the tables that i have (162
tables last count). i noticed that after deleting/pasting certain...
Forum: Page Layout August 28th 06, 12:46 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 2
Posted By xppuser
hyperlinking appendices in a document

thanks for your advice jezebel.

i just found this site, which is quite useful:

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numbering/NumberingAppendixes.html#TableOfContents

jes
Forum: Page Layout August 27th 06, 06:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 2
Posted By xppuser
hyperlinking appendices in a document

hi all,

wxp pro sp2, office pro sp2,

i have a document. i have used Insert - Caption and Cross References to
hyperlink Figures and Tables mentioned within the text to the actual Figures
and...
Forum: Page Layout August 17th 06, 05:55 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 5
Posted By xppuser
wise counsel regarding re-paginating & spell/grammar checks

dear all,

an update...

tried the reconsitiuted document on a different machine but with word 2003
installed.

slightly different result i.e. initially i am able to do some work but after
about 20...
Forum: Page Layout August 16th 06, 01:33 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 5
Posted By xppuser
wise counsel regarding re-paginating & spell/grammar checks

hi Jen and Suzanne,

thank you for your replies.

Jen, thanks for the link, so happened i read this earlier prior to my
posting because it did not help me to solve my problem. i have also switch...
Forum: Page Layout August 15th 06, 05:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 5
Posted By xppuser
wise counsel regarding re-paginating & spell/grammar checks

just an update.

all work grind to a halt now.

problem 2 had become severe. every single keystroke that i typed induces
"there are too many spelling or grammatical errors..." pop-up message. i have...
Forum: Page Layout August 15th 06, 02:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 5
Posted By xppuser
wise counsel regarding re-paginating & spell/grammar checks

hi all,

wxp pro sp2, office 2003 sp2,

i am in the process of finishing a documents 700+ pages all told now. two
things beginning to happen of late that i think i am right to be worried
about and...
Forum: Page Layout August 11th 06, 04:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 1
Posted By xppuser
copying custom heading from another document

hi all,

wxp pro sp2, office 2003 sp2,

one of my collaborator had just sent me a document which contained customed
heading (Heading 4). in my current document to which i will be 'grafting' my...
Forum: Page Layout August 4th 06, 12:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 9
Posted By xppuser
how to cross reference multiple but sequential captioned figures

shauna, suzanne,

i spoke to soon! here is an update.

shauna's method seems easy at first look but it came a little bit undone
when i moved the section en-bloc elsewhere in that what appeared as...
Forum: Page Layout August 4th 06, 11:05 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 1
Posted By xppuser
how to enlarge Cross-reference dialog box

hi all,

wxp pro sp2, office 2003 sp2,

i am using Insert - Cross-reference function, which brought up the
Cross-reference dialog box (the one where it asks for Reference type:, Insert
reference...
Forum: Page Layout August 3rd 06, 06:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 9
Posted By xppuser
how to cross reference multiple but sequential captioned figures

hi shauna, suzanne,

thank you for your advices, they both worked!

shauna, your solution seemed simpler i just did Insert - Cross Reference,
for which i have chosen the option of Figure and...
Forum: Page Layout August 3rd 06, 12:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 9
Posted By xppuser
how to cross reference multiple but sequential captioned figures

hi all,

wxp pro sp2, word 2003,

i have some figures that i have labelled using built-in caption function in
word 2003. in the text, i have used the Insert - Cross-reference - Figures
(with...
Forum: Tables July 28th 06, 03:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Replies: 4
Posted By xppuser
column's grid behavior

hi stefan,

thanks again for your furhter explanation. i am not too bothered whether it
is fixed or not but just surprise that it did not behave (seemingly) in a
consistent manner. otherwise...
Forum: Tables July 26th 06, 02:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Replies: 4
Posted By xppuser
column's grid behavior

thanks stefan! i am surprised that microsoft did not set an initial default
behaviour i.e. either behaviour seems to occur randomly in my case.

regards,
jes
Forum: Tables July 26th 06, 12:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Replies: 4
Posted By xppuser
column's grid behavior

hi all,

office 2003 sp2 and wxp pro sp2,

when i'm typing inside a cell witihin a table, sometimes when i hit the
right margin of the particular column, the column would moves to the right to...