Search: Posts made by: amy
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 6th 10, 09:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Posted By amy
Numbering in Book Files

A new and curious thing just happened to me... when I updated my headings in
the document (highlighted and pressed F9), an alphanumeric string appeared at
the front of the text... not in the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 6th 10, 09:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Posted By amy
Numbering in Book Files

A new and curious thing just happened to me... when I updated my headings in
the document (highlighted and pressed F9), an alphanumeric string appeared at
the front of the text... not in the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 4th 10, 08:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 10
Posted By amy
Using SEQ fields

Okay, I hate to sound totally stupid, but I've played with my document for a
few days and can't quite figure this out... I entered the SEQ field as
detailed below, but how do I save this as a style...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 4th 10, 08:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 10
Posted By amy
Using SEQ fields

Okay, I hate to sound totally stupid, but I've played with my document for a
few days and can't quite figure this out... I entered the SEQ field as
detailed below, but how do I save this as a style...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 26th 10, 07:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 10
Posted By amy
Using SEQ fields

I posted another question on this topic last week but can't seem to find the
thread now... I need to insert a numbered list of procedural steps into a
document but I've already created one...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 26th 10, 07:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By amy
Using SEQ fields

I posted another question on this topic last week but can't seem to find the
thread now... I need to insert a numbered list of procedural steps into a
document but I've already created one...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 23rd 10, 02:50 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 14
Posted By amy
Adobe PDF add-on keeps crashing

Ah. Good to know it's not something I did ( notification of messages).

I'll try your suggestions. Thanks!

The notification of messages hasn't worked properly for...

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The notification of messages hasn't worked properly for...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 22nd 10, 09:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 14
Posted By amy
Adobe PDF add-on keeps crashing

Sorry for the delayed reaction... for some reason I am not getting notified
of replies to my posts despite the fact that I have checked that option...
now that I am aware of that I will be sure to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 22nd 10, 09:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 14
Posted By amy
Adobe PDF add-on keeps crashing

Sorry for the delayed reaction... for some reason I am not getting notified
of replies to my posts despite the fact that I have checked that option...
now that I am aware of that I will be sure to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 22nd 10, 09:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 18
Posted By amy
Mulitiple outline numbered lists

Thanks, I will try that.

Do I use the SEQ fields when setting up the paragraph style, or simply
manually enter the fields at each procedure?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 22nd 10, 09:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 18
Posted By amy
Mulitiple outline numbered lists

Thanks, I will try that.

Do I use the SEQ fields when setting up the paragraph style, or simply
manually enter the fields at each procedure?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 22nd 10, 04:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 18
Posted By amy
Mulitiple outline numbered lists

Another oddity to report...

Whenever I have a L3N1 step and I right-click to select Restart at 1, Word
automatically shifts the alignment of just the first step... the following
steps stay aligned...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 22nd 10, 04:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 18
Posted By amy
Mulitiple outline numbered lists

Another oddity to report...

Whenever I have a L3N1 step and I right-click to select Restart at 1, Word
automatically shifts the alignment of just the first step... the following
steps stay aligned...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 22nd 10, 03:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 18
Posted By amy
Mulitiple outline numbered lists

I have a document that I need to insert two separate outline numbered lists
into and I'm not quite sure how to do it.

My first list uses the built-in Heading styles and I've modified them to 1.0...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 22nd 10, 03:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By amy
Mulitiple outline numbered lists

I have a document that I need to insert two separate outline numbered lists
into and I'm not quite sure how to do it.

My first list uses the built-in Heading styles and I've modified them to 1.0...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 21st 10, 09:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Posted By amy
Numbering in Book Files

Nevermind, I just got it... I went into the Define New Multilevel List option
and selected Start At 2 for Heading 1, and the other headings fell
appropriately in line.

If this is not the best...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 21st 10, 09:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Posted By amy
Numbering in Book Files

Nevermind, I just got it... I went into the Define New Multilevel List option
and selected Start At 2 for Heading 1, and the other headings fell
appropriately in line.

If this is not the best...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 21st 10, 09:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Posted By amy
Numbering in Book Files

I am creating a tech manual where each chapter is its own file. I have
created an outline numbered list and saved the list in a template that I then
use to create the new chapters. However, I am...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 21st 10, 09:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By amy
Numbering in Book Files

I am creating a tech manual where each chapter is its own file. I have
created an outline numbered list and saved the list in a template that I then
use to create the new chapters. However, I am...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 31st 10, 05:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By amy
Weird shifting

Sorry... delayed reaction... I forgot to hit the "notify" button...

I have all the levels set to restart after the previous level, so for some
reason it just doesn't pick it up...

I looked at the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 31st 10, 05:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By amy
Weird shifting

Sorry... delayed reaction... I forgot to hit the "notify" button...

I have all the levels set to restart after the previous level, so for some
reason it just doesn't pick it up...

I looked at the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 31st 10, 04:19 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 14
Posted By amy
Adobe PDF add-on keeps crashing

I am using MS Word 2007 and Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional. For some reason,
when I try using the Convert to PDF add-on, Word keeps crashing and when it
restarts it asks if I want to disable the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 31st 10, 04:19 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By amy
Adobe PDF add-on keeps crashing

I am using MS Word 2007 and Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional. For some reason,
when I try using the Convert to PDF add-on, Word keeps crashing and when it
restarts it asks if I want to disable the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 24th 10, 07:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By amy