Search: Posts made by: Big_Al
Forum: Mailmerge February 14th 12, 11:00 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Big_Al
This seems to be the easiest way (non VBA)...

This seems to be the easiest way (non VBA)...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 14th 12, 10:27 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Big_Al
I can't answer you original question re coding,...

I can't answer you original question re coding, but you can scroll through word text fields by using F11 (and shift F11 to go back). Our secretaries use this pretty often.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 14th 12, 10:24 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Big_Al
Can you provide a bit more info on why this is...

Can you provide a bit more info on why this is needed?

I do not think there'd be a use for a back tab (use backspace to delete a tab character) unless you're in a table, then shift and tab does go...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 12th 11, 11:20 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By Big_Al
Word 2010 redline vs Current redline software

Morning,

I work for a legal firm dealing primarily in large, long and complex documents. We have a solution in place to view comparisons between different versions of documents - this is an off the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 12th 11, 11:15 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Big_Al
Post Morning (here at least) Had a quick google,...

Morning (here at least)

Had a quick google, check out http://grok.lsu.edu/mobile/article.aspx?articleid=7728

This takes you to the right place, you probably don't want to set default though so...
Forum: New Users June 16th 11, 09:26 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Big_Al
Unfortunately, in general, the website won't...

Unfortunately, in general, the website won't retain any of the formatting you've placed in your document. It'll look as you see it now. Shouldn't be too much of an issue, the information is there and...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 8th 11, 09:43 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Big_Al
I've not come accross this issue yet it looks...

I've not come accross this issue yet it looks like you've already recieved an answer re print driver updating which may or may not have worked.

Just in case it didnt, had a quick look on MS website...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 23rd 11, 11:43 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Big_Al
I know i'm raising an old post, but had this...

I know i'm raising an old post, but had this problem today.

Solved by selecting the entire table, going to table properties and setting the text wrapping to none.

I had to manually set the table...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 5th 11, 04:58 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Big_Al
Thumbs up http://word.tips.net/Pages/T000519_Word_Count_for_...

http://word.tips.net/Pages/T000519_Word_Count_for_a_Section.html
Forum: Mailmerge April 5th 11, 04:12 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Big_Al
Post The only thing I can think of would be to shove...

The only thing I can think of would be to shove some conditional formatting into the score 1-9 array (this is in the excel template generating the report).

Perhaps either bolding or colouring the...
Forum: About this forum April 5th 11, 03:23 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Big_Al
Arrow Hmmm, not massively sure as this is a site for...

Hmmm, not massively sure as this is a site for Word queries.

However, you shouldn't need to update number of rows, there's 65,536 available in Excel.

Can you provide a bit more info (or post to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 22nd 11, 11:01 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Big_Al
The easiest thing to do would be to use the...

The easiest thing to do would be to use the outside border tool, just using the single line option, under or above your text as required

Image of the tool hyperlinked, - should be in the same...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 21st 11, 03:41 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Big_Al
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/create...

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/create-a-master-document-and-subdocuments-HP005187002.aspx

should work for you. You have the main document which contains a link to each document that's...
Forum: Page Layout February 16th 11, 02:57 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Big_Al
We use large legal documents, where the TOC is...

We use large legal documents, where the TOC is based on a particular heading style.

TOCs don't update automatically while working in a doc, but can be set to update on a print (by using the tools,...
Forum: Tables February 14th 11, 10:39 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Big_Al
Try selecting the whole table, go to Table -...

Try selecting the whole table, go to Table - Table porperties, then set the text wrapping to "None". THis should stop the overlap at least
Forum: New Users January 19th 11, 09:32 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Big_Al
I use ABBYY FineReader to do this. It's not...

I use ABBYY FineReader to do this. It's not perfect, but is an easy way to get the text out of a pdf.

Ultimately, most converters have difficulty with some aspects of a document, such as text boxes,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 12th 11, 04:58 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Big_Al
Post Word 2010 Reference / Guide for Business Professionals

Does anyone have any recomendations on guides for office /word 2010? Looking around, there are quite a few aimed at home users but i'm struggling to find something a bit more in-depth.

Please PM me...
Forum: Page Layout January 12th 11, 03:24 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Big_Al
This should...

This should help

http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=106920
Forum: Formatting Long Documents January 6th 11, 03:22 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Big_Al
You might have "Show white area" turned...

You might have "Show white area" turned off. Move the cursor underneath the page until it turns to arrows. Click there, then your margins etc will be correct.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 6th 11, 10:04 AM
Replies: 1

Forum: Page Layout January 5th 11, 02:18 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Big_Al
Smile Tools - Options - View In the Print and Web...

Tools - Options - View

In the Print and Web Layout options, tick the "White space between pages".

(Alternatively, if you mouse over the bottom or top of the page, the icon becomes arrows and will...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 5th 11, 02:03 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Big_Al
Try checking...

Try checking http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=145828, come back if it's no help

(in word 2003, it seems to be in Tools - Language - Set Language. You might need to highlight all your text...
Forum: Tables January 5th 11, 01:58 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Big_Al
Can you give an example of how the table looks?

Can you give an example of how the table looks?
Forum: New Users December 24th 10, 10:21 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Big_Al
http://www.bltt.org/software/word/wordshortcuts.ht...

http://www.bltt.org/software/word/wordshortcuts.htm should help, gives expamples of font colour shortcuts.
Forum: Page Layout December 24th 10, 10:19 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Big_Al
I'm unsure about boxes, but you can stop text...

I'm unsure about boxes, but you can stop text being printed. This may be an easier way?

Select the text to hide, go to Format - Font and tick the "hidden" box.