Search: Posts made by: Joseph Talbott[_2_]
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 8th 10, 07:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Nested Styles in Word 2003?

As a follow-up. Using the "Lead-in emphasis" method of assigning a heading
style to the first part of a paragraph is quite useful for including
additional content in the TOC. Although it isn't...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 8th 10, 07:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Nested Styles in Word 2003?

As a follow-up. Using the "Lead-in emphasis" method of assigning a heading
style to the first part of a paragraph is quite useful for including
additional content in the TOC. Although it isn't...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 8th 10, 07:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Nested Styles in Word 2003?

Thanks Jay,

My question isn't really about getting the bold text into the TOC. I
understand how to use TC fields to insert "extra" entries into the TOC. What
I am trying to determine is whether...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 8th 10, 07:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Nested Styles in Word 2003?

Thanks Jay,

My question isn't really about getting the bold text into the TOC. I
understand how to use TC fields to insert "extra" entries into the TOC. What
I am trying to determine is whether...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 7th 10, 09:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Nested Styles in Word 2003?

Is it possible to create a nested style in Word 2003? An example would be to
make the first sentence of a paragraph Body Text bold but the rest of the
paragraph plain Body Text. I have used this...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 7th 10, 09:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Nested Styles in Word 2003?

Is it possible to create a nested style in Word 2003? An example would be to
make the first sentence of a paragraph Body Text bold but the rest of the
paragraph plain Body Text. I have used this...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 26th 10, 05:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 14
Styleref - disappearing reference

To close out this thread, Suzanne looked at the offending portion of my
document and determined that the missing text was tied up in Track Changes.
Once the changes were accepted (or probably...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 26th 10, 05:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 14
Styleref - disappearing reference

To close out this thread, Suzanne looked at the offending portion of my
document and determined that the missing text was tied up in Track Changes.
Once the changes were accepted (or probably...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 25th 10, 10:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Word 2003 Paragraph Numbering when combining multiple document

ueThanks Stefan,

My first response was to say that I carefully followed Shauna's guide when I
set up my numbering scheme but then I thought it might be a good time to
re-read her article to see if...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 25th 10, 10:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Word 2003 Paragraph Numbering when combining multiple document

ueThanks Stefan,

My first response was to say that I carefully followed Shauna's guide when I
set up my numbering scheme but then I thought it might be a good time to
re-read her article to see if...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 25th 10, 05:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Word 2003 Paragraph Numbering when combining multiple documents

I have a multi-chapter document when has paragraphs numbered 1., 1.1.,
1.1.1., 2., 2.1., etc. where the first digit signifies the chapter. I am
using heading styles to organize the numbering in the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 25th 10, 05:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 14
Styleref - disappearing reference

Thanks Suzanne. I agree that there *should* be an empty paragraph, space or
something formatted with the style but I can't find it. I have selected all
occurrences of the referenced style and...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 24th 10, 11:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 14
Styleref - disappearing reference

Yes, I did check for empty paragraphs as well.

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

Did you turn on Show Non-Printing Characters (Ctrl-Shift-8) and check
for empty paragraph marks?

On Mar 24, 4:08...

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

Did you turn on Show Non-Printing Characters (Ctrl-Shift-8) and check
for empty paragraph marks?

On Mar 24, 4:08...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 24th 10, 09:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 14
Styleref - disappearing reference

I am using Word 2003 in a Windows XP Pro environment. I have a document which
uses the StyleRef field in the footers to assist the reader when navigating
the, rather large, document. On one page,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 24th 10, 09:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Styleref - disappearing reference

I am using Word 2003 in a Windows XP Pro environment. I have a document which
uses the StyleRef field in the footers to assist the reader when navigating
the, rather large, document. On one page,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 23rd 10, 11:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
IncludeText Field Code

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't tried the bookmark option yet and that may
just be the ticket. I certainly understand about the final paragraph mark.
Before I figured that one out some of my...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 23rd 10, 11:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
IncludeText Field Code

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't tried the bookmark option yet and that may
just be the ticket. I certainly understand about the final paragraph mark.
Before I figured that one out some of my...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 23rd 10, 04:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
IncludeText Field Code

I am experimenting with creating a master document from several subdocuments
using the IncludeText code. So far, as long as I don't mess up the path, it
works well. My question is this: When I list...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 23rd 10, 04:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
IncludeText Field Code

I am experimenting with creating a master document from several subdocuments
using the IncludeText code. So far, as long as I don't mess up the path, it
works well. My question is this: When I list...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 3rd 10, 06:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Word 2003 template problem

I have created a template for a very large document (2000+ pages) which
contains all of the styles used in the document. As I bring new material into
the document, I first copy it into a new...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 3rd 10, 06:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Word 2003 template problem

I have created a template for a very large document (2000+ pages) which
contains all of the styles used in the document. As I bring new material into
the document, I first copy it into a new...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 25th 10, 12:18 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Disappearing field contents

Thanks Stefan. You earned your "wizard" award for the day! There was, in
fact, a blank paragraph (following the TOC of course) with the referenced
style. All is good now.
Joe

"Stefan Blom"...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 23rd 10, 11:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Caption Numbering in a long document

I was afraid of that. I will try the "create a separate caption label" option
and see if that buys me any time. So far I have simply inserted all of the
tables, added the captions - using the...