Search: Posts made by: Rachel
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 24th 10, 04:09 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Rachel
Files are opening in wordpad instead of word.

What if you have Vista?

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

A *very* quick search yielded:

How to change file associations in Windows XP

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

A *very* quick search yielded:

How to change file associations in Windows XP
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 24th 10, 04:06 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Rachel
Word document opening in Word Pad

I'm sorry Herb, this makes no sense to me. Perhaps there is a more simple
answer.

I just bought Office 2007 and installed it on my laptop. Now, every time I
open a Word document one of my students...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 24th 10, 04:06 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Rachel
Word document opening in Word Pad

I'm sorry Herb, this makes no sense to me. Perhaps there is a more simple
answer.

I just bought Office 2007 and installed it on my laptop. Now, every time I
open a Word document one of my students...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 24th 10, 04:01 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Rachel
some e-mail word attachments cant be opened in word07 what can

I recently installed Word 2007 on my laptop and I have this same issue. When
a student sends me an attachment in Word 2007, and I click on the attachment
to open it, it opens in Wordpad and it is...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 24th 10, 04:01 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Rachel
some e-mail word attachments cant be opened in word07 what can

I recently installed Word 2007 on my laptop and I have this same issue. When
a student sends me an attachment in Word 2007, and I click on the attachment
to open it, it opens in Wordpad and it is...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 25th 10, 11:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Rachel
multilevel list - tab doesn't advance to next bullet

Hello,

I have used multilevel lists before without a problem in Word 2007 but when
I tried to use it today it gave me some issues. I am able to insert the
first bullet of a multilevel list, then...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 25th 10, 11:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Rachel
multilevel list - tab doesn't advance to next bullet

Hello,

I have used multilevel lists before without a problem in Word 2007 but when
I tried to use it today it gave me some issues. I am able to insert the
first bullet of a multilevel list, then...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 27th 10, 09:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Rachel
Periods

In Word 2003 you could hit the space bar twice at the end of your sentence
and it would put a period there. How do you get Word 2007 to do that?
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 12th 09, 08:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Rachel
I CANNOT get rid of a page break.

THANK YOU! Thank you on behalf of our department!

"PamC via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

When track changes is on, Word will only delete a page or section break when
the changes are accepted. You can,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 1st 09, 03:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Rachel
Survey document: Need to have active checkboxes & written answ

Thanks, Graham. Could you possibly give me a bit more detail? I am not
completely Word savy. Where do I find the legacy palette? I searched for it
but was unsuccessful.

Thanks!

"Graham Mayor"...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 1st 09, 02:57 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Rachel
Survey document: Need to have active checkboxes & written answers

I am trying to create a survey in Word 2007 to send out via email. I have
figured out how to make the checkboxes "live" (by locking the document) but
my problem is that I also have two written...
Forum: New Users June 11th 09, 04:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 13
Posted By Rachel
I am unable to download a word document to a job web site

Hi

"DeanH" wrote:

Firstly, ensure you have closed the Word file and the application before
trying the upload.
Many of these employment websites have a limit to either the File Size, or
Forum: New Users June 11th 09, 04:21 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 13
Posted By Rachel
I am unable to download a word document to a job web site

Hi

I have used the Save As The Word File. It is showing under file type as RTF

"DeanH" wrote:

Firstly, ensure you have closed the Word file and the application before
trying the upload.
Forum: New Users June 11th 09, 04:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"DeanH" wrote:

Firstly, ensure you have closed the Word file and the application before
trying the upload.
Many of these employment websites have a limit to either the File Size, or
even...
Forum: New Users June 11th 09, 09:19 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 13
Posted By Rachel
I am unable to download a word document to a job web site

I am trying to download my CV to an employment website. An error message
comes up saying file not found check the file name and try again. I am using
Word 2003. The employment website accepts...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 18th 09, 05:21 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Rachel
Word 2007 Equation - How do I insert a negative number symbol?

How do I make a number negative (other than putting a minus sign in front of
it, which automatically changes to a +/- sign when you try to add a negative
number)?
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 4th 08, 05:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Rachel
Instructional text for form fields.

I'm trying to add instructional text to some form fields, but I need it to
disappear when someone is making an entry. Word Help says to go to Properties
in the Controls Group and select "Remove...
Forum: Tables April 8th 08, 02:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Replies: 0
Posted By Rachel
Query on tables in word

I was just putting the finishing touches to a table in word, and something I
did resulted in some of the rows to change in order and the text to become
disorganised, some of which was actually on...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 26th 08, 01:06 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Rachel
babies?

Where do they come from
i must say im very very confused on this one..
can anybody help me! PLEASE!
[this question keeps me awake at all hours of the night]
xx ray ray
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 26th 08, 12:58 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Rachel
How do I remove text frame corners in word?

spooky

"Miraclgae" wrote:

I'm getting taxt frame corners in each corner of the word document and I
can't find the button that switches it off. How do I do this in Word?
What's really weird,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 18th 08, 11:14 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Rachel
Print Prompt

How do I set the Print prompt to show up before printing an email?
Forum: Microsoft Word Help December 3rd 07, 12:05 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Rachel
Word Attachments Wont Open

Hi - I could use some help...

Whenever I send a word document as an attachment, the reciever cant open the
document and instead gets the following error message: "file X could not be
scanned for...
Forum: New Users October 18th 07, 11:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 0
Posted By Rachel
Why does what I type on cover page in Word disappear when I save?

I have put cover pages in a few documents and when I click on the places
where I can type it will let me type what I want in there but when I click
save it disappears.