Search: Posts made by: steph
Forum: New Users January 28th 10, 08:26 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 2
Posted By steph
Windows 7: making Word 2007 default program for .doc files

Hey guys,
Whenever I try to open .doc files, it uses "WordPad" (the word processing
program that came with Windows7) to open the files & sometimes it's
unreadable with weird symbols. I used to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 28th 10, 08:25 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By steph
Windows7 help: associating Word 2007 for .doc files

Hey guys,
Whenever I try to open .doc files, it uses "WordPad" (the word processing
program that came with Windows7) to open the files & sometimes it's
unreadable with weird symbols. I used to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 28th 10, 08:25 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By steph
Windows7 help: associating Word 2007 for .doc files

Hey guys,
Whenever I try to open .doc files, it uses "WordPad" (the word processing
program that came with Windows7) to open the files & sometimes it's
unreadable with weird symbols. I used to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 28th 10, 08:21 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By steph
Windows7 help: associating Word 2007 for .doc files

Hey guys,
Whenever I try to open .doc files, it uses "WordPad" (the word processing
program that came with Windows7) to open the files & sometimes it's
unreadable with weird symbols. I used to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 28th 10, 08:21 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By steph
Windows7 help: associating Word 2007 for .doc files

Hey guys,
Whenever I try to open .doc files, it uses "WordPad" (the word processing
program that came with Windows7) to open the files & sometimes it's
unreadable with weird symbols. I used to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 20th 09, 12:29 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By steph
Headers

Thank You both for your help!! =)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Check the box for "Different first page" either on the Layout tab of Page
Setup (all versions) or in the Header & Footer Tools |...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 19th 09, 11:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By steph
Headers

How do i create a header that displays and prints on the first page only??
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 2nd 09, 01:27 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By steph
HELP - need to keep people from accidentally clicking inside the c

I have a form created in Word using tables, cells and the form field tool -
just the usual method.

I need to keep people from accidentally clicking inside the cell (beyond the
form field). As...
Forum: Page Layout October 16th 08, 01:56 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 13
Posted By steph
how do I get out of the footnote once I get my number in?

hey, i cant get to the next page either, and double-clicking is not
helping... anything else i can do?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You can double-click the footnote number to return to the main body...
Forum: Page Layout July 30th 08, 08:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 1
Posted By steph
Template Page Numbers

I'm stumped. I have a template that is divided into sections with the same
footer for the entire document. At first, the document sections were
separated by page breaks, which maintained the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 11th 08, 03:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By steph
How to keep my name/address OUT of the return address box?

Thank you, I actually tired that yesterday after PJY's suggestion, when I
started digging into the help topic's index. When I first tried Tools
Options User Information Mailing Address, and...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 10th 08, 10:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By steph
How to keep my name/address OUT of the return address box?

Thank you, I'll try that then. I'm glad it's not just me. It happened when
I free formed in the address field of the return address box. My company has
pre-printed, letterhead envelopes with the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 10th 08, 04:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By steph
How to keep my name/address OUT of the return address box?

When I entered my name and address into the "return address" field of the
Print Envelopes option in Word, it keeps re-appearing even when I uncheck the
Omit option and delete it! It's very...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help December 26th 07, 06:24 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By steph
Microsoft Word/Works

I have ALWAYS used microsoft word, and i just purchased a new computer, which
is a Dell with Windows Vista, and come to find out it has Microsoft Works on
it?? It seems similar, but i can't open...
Forum: New Users October 28th 07, 06:24 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 3
Posted By steph
Word

I am currently enrolled in school online. The problem is that I just
installed the mirosoft word 97 program. But when I try upload it to my class
site. I get error msg. "us must used .doc for us...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 7th 07, 07:36 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By steph
How reduce picture size to send as Outlook attachment?

Thank you, Graham, for answering. However, I have found an easier solution.
After you insert a picture as an attachment, you can go to "attachment
options" and then "picture options." You can...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 5th 07, 06:50 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By steph
How reduce picture size to send as Outlook attachment?

In Outlook 2003, I want to use "Attachment options" to reduce the size of a
jpeg file before I send it as an attachment. However, I only get that choice
after I have the file already listed as an...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 12th 07, 05:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By steph
Inserting text between 2 tables

ctrl z worked a treat!
Thank you!

"Helmut Weber" wrote:

Hi Steph,

first try [ctrl z] several times.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 12th 07, 04:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By steph
Inserting text between 2 tables

I have just deleted some text between 2 tables. Unfortunately I deleted all
the lines and I am now left with 1 table which I can not insert text between.
Apart from binning it and starting again is...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 27th 07, 04:33 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By steph
Prevent a control from being deleted by the user

I have a custom control in a word document and I want to prevent users from
deleting it.

Is there a particular event to which I can register to solve this problem ?
Forum: Mailmerge January 8th 07, 05:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 3
Posted By steph
mail merge to email with attachment

Thanks for that - I am having a complete nightmare with this but I refuse to
let it beat me!
In running the preparations, which programme do use? I have tried on
outlook, but when I go back in to...
Forum: Mailmerge January 8th 07, 03:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 3
Posted By steph
mail merge to email with attachment

I have read all the posts - both relevant and irrelevant: I have absolutely
no experience of macros and neither has anyone else in this office.
I am trying to follow Doug's instructions but only get...
Forum: Mailmerge December 20th 06, 06:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 8
Posted By steph
attempt to merge data from Word doc

"I am attempting to merge my data from a Word doc and get as far as the
envelope displays one address, the first from my data list, but no others are
diplayed or printed. Help!"
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 22nd 06, 07:55 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By steph
publish a word doc on the web for others to see?

For an assignment im looking to publish my work on the internet as a
component of my assignment. How do i do this with office 2003?