Search: Posts made by: CyberTaz
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 11th 09, 09:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By CyberTaz
Not getting the password screen on a read only file to edit it.

Then it most likely isn't password protected at the file level. It must be
protected in some other way.

One possibility: Check for internal protection... In Word 2007 hit the
Developer tab of the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 10th 09, 09:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By CyberTaz
How do I get the picture background as one and not tiled?

I believe you'll do much better if you insert the image as a Watermark, not
as a Background. Backgrounds are really not intended for anything other than
on-screen/web page use, especially if your...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 9th 09, 08:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By CyberTaz
Keyboard shortcuts for Drop-down form fields

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
MaryGee wrote:
Is there a way to select from drop-down form fields in a form...
Forum: New Users September 9th 09, 04:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 3
Posted By CyberTaz
In WORD 2007 why does the arrow key move the cursor so slowly?

Do you mean 'if you hold the arrow key down'? If that's the problem go into
your Windows Control Panel for the Keyboard & adjust the repeat rate to a
higher speed.

--
HTH |:)
Bob...

Your ideas are definitely better, but one other twist on the Text Box
option: In 2007 you can still right-click the edge of a Text Box, select
Format Text Box, then Convert to Frame -- same dialog...
Forum: Formatting Long Documents September 3rd 09, 07:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Replies: 18
Posted By CyberTaz
How to move a caption along with its figure?

Your ideas are definitely better, but one other twist on the Text Box
option: In 2007 you can still right-click the edge of a Text Box, select
Format Text Box, then Convert to Frame -- same dialog...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 3rd 09, 05:32 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By CyberTaz
Can you exclude a paragraph/words from spell check?

I believe this may be what you're referring to:

Select the text to be omitted then go to the Review tab, click the Set
Language button in the Proofing group & check the box for "Do not check...
Forum: Page Layout September 3rd 09, 05:19 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 2
Posted By CyberTaz
move the Ribbon in W'07?

Well, *anything* is "possible" as the expression goes :-) but there is no
option within the programs. Anything of that nature would have to be
accomplished by way of external means of a radical...
Forum: Page Layout September 3rd 09, 05:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 1
Posted By CyberTaz
Printing & Footer

That's a matter of your printer's capability. Most non-commercial printers
require a minimum margin on one or more sides & are not capable of a full
bleed [printing to the absolute edge of the...
Forum: Page Layout September 3rd 09, 03:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 5
Posted By CyberTaz
How do I do poster size printing?

You can also enter fractional pt sizes, but Word is limited to .5 pt
increments.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"mom4seasons" wrote in message...
Forum: New Users September 3rd 09, 03:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 3
Posted By CyberTaz
Add the last name "Birchfield" to Auto correct.

Perhaps a change in perspective will help: The fact that a spell checker
flags something doesn't mean that it is necessarily *wrong*, it just means
that it isn't recognized. As Suzanne suggested,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 1st 09, 09:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By CyberTaz
how can you add or delete items from standard toolbar?

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AsgnCmdOrMacroToToolbar.htm

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"edneal" wrote in message...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 1st 09, 08:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By CyberTaz
How do I stop automatic deleting when i go back to edit?

You've managed to get into OverType mode -- most likely by accidentally
pressing the Insert key if using a version other than 2007 [version info is
always helpful]. Press Insert again or dbl-click...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 1st 09, 08:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By CyberTaz
How do I select multiple non-adjacent words simultaneously in Wor.

I'm taking your description of what you want to do literally, so you may
have to experiment if your need is different, but you should be able to use
either or both of these methods;

1- Select the...
Forum: New Users September 1st 09, 06:39 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 1
Posted By CyberTaz
Error when trying to paste image into Word 2007

Have you tried using the Insert Picture method rather than copy/paste? See
if that yields better results.

Copy/paste is the worst way to handle any type of raster image. I don't know
that it...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 27th 09, 05:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By CyberTaz
How do I keep a doc from showing Formatting indicators when opened

What you're referring to is not "formatting marks" but Markup which appears
as a result of using the Track Changes feature in the document. You'll find
complete details...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 19th 09, 09:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By CyberTaz
Problem With MS Access / Word Mail Merge

Is the query based on another query as its record source? IIRC, a query can
only be used for merge if it looks directly at tables. Have you tried
starting from within the Access file using the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 19th 09, 06:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By CyberTaz
this is modification is not allowed because the selection is lock.

It sounds like you have a trial version which has expired or you have
neglected to activate Office.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Ahmed" Ahmed @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 19th 09, 02:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By CyberTaz
How do I stop Word turning my date format round automatically?

A few options additional to Stefan's reply;

If you don't use the ordinal (th) the "change" won't occur -- the complete
string will be recognized as a valid date, or

Key Ctrl+Z to Undo when it...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 16th 09, 10:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By CyberTaz
other words for Irony

Interesting -- apparently you're doing an assignment in English Literature
but evidently have no concept of what a *dictionary* or a *thesaurus* are.
It isn't the purpose of the newsgroups to do...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 8th 09, 10:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By CyberTaz
How do I insert a fill-in field into a word document?

I swear I pasted the link in, honest I did :-}

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 8th 09, 07:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By CyberTaz
Headers/footers don't show in Print layout

Could this be the problem:

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Seenewnow" wrote in message
Forum: New Users June 8th 09, 07:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 1
Posted By CyberTaz
Spell Check

It sounds like you may have pasted content from another source [a web page,
perhaps?] & that content is formatted as a different Language. Try Control+A
to select all then go to Tools Languge...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 8th 09, 06:57 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By CyberTaz
How do I insert a fill-in field into a word document?

See the info here on "Using macrobutton fields as a text marker" as well as
the link to more at the bottom of that section:

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"rlkav"...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 8th 09, 02:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By CyberTaz
Inserting PP Slides into Word

Have you tried using PPT's File Save As, selecting one of the image formats
to save one or more slides as pictures, then using Insert Picture in Word?...