Search: Posts made by: Peter Jamieson
Forum: Mailmerge June 4th 10, 06:02 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter Jamieson
Mailmerge error - access database can't find object- help!!!

Since it's not obvious what is going on here, can you please tell us
a. which version of Word?
b. what steps you have been trying? For example, from your description
it is difficult to...
Forum: Mailmerge May 31st 10, 11:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter Jamieson
Mailmerge Labels

It's probably because you have a Tablet PC or Vista/Windows 7 on a PC
with "Tablet" functionality. The following link may help:

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0005.htm

Peter...
Forum: Mailmerge May 25th 10, 05:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter Jamieson
I need to use Next Record Mergefield in Publisher 2007 butwhere is it?

Replied to your other copy of the question.

Peter Jamieson

http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/shop/product.php?productid=166

On 25/05/2010 15:53, Ricky Harris wrote:
I need to useNext Record ...
Forum: Mailmerge May 25th 10, 05:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 5
Posted By Peter Jamieson
I need to use Next Record Mergefield in Publisher 2007 butwhere is it?

I can't say I use Publisher much, but as I understand it, what you are
supposed to do actually works rather more like a Word Label merge, like
this:
a. create a publication with the page size...
Forum: Mailmerge May 24th 10, 06:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter Jamieson
Format of datasource Document

The type of data editing form that Word displays depends on the data source.

In Word 2000, when you created a data source from within Word's
MailMerge function, the data source would be saved as a...
Forum: Mailmerge May 19th 10, 09:25 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter Jamieson
Word 2007 mail merge-preview results

If your mergefields are displaying as field codes, i.e. like this:

{ MERGEFIELD myfield }

then pressing the preview button does leave the display as it is.
Perhaps that's what's happening - if so,...
Forum: Mailmerge May 18th 10, 08:50 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter Jamieson
Word Merge for an invoice

Another approach that is mentioned in the artcle I referred you to will
take you to macropod's tutorial at (I think)

http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107

I don't think that you will find...
Forum: Mailmerge May 18th 10, 06:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter Jamieson
mail merge, merging everything but date?

1. Can we assume that you are talking about dates stored in your Excel file?
2. Can you provide some examples of
a. dates as they are displayed in Excel
b. the same dates as they are...
Forum: Mailmerge May 18th 10, 06:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter Jamieson
mail merge figures starting w/ zero

If the value is coming across as a number, then the best you can do is
use a numeric format to ensure a fixed number of digits.

e.g. use alt-F9 to view yur field code, which will look somethin...
Forum: Mailmerge May 18th 10, 06:32 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter Jamieson
Word Merge for an invoice

There's an article at

http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm

that contains info. on this and references to other approaches.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Forum: Mailmerge May 17th 10, 05:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter Jamieson
Word 2003/2007 mailmerge with Excel 2003/2007 limits

So is there someone to tell me what is the maxx size limit lines
available
for Wordmerge (only text, no pictures)?

I do not think these limits are specified. In other words, the limit may...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 17th 10, 01:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter Jamieson
Mail merge between Word and Excel

In Word, use Alt-F9 to display the field(s) you want to format, e.g.

{ MERGEFIELD myamount }

Delete \*Mergeformat if you see it, and type in the following numeric format

\#£,0.00

so you have
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 17th 10, 01:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter Jamieson
Mail merge between Word and Excel

In Word, use Alt-F9 to display the field(s) you want to format, e.g.

{ MERGEFIELD myamount }

Delete \*Mergeformat if you see it, and type in the following numeric format

\#£,0.00

so you have
Forum: Mailmerge May 17th 10, 12:39 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Jamieson
Weekday from text date

How about

=TEXT(DATEVALUE(LEFT(B1,2) & "/" & RIGHT(B1,2)),"mmm-dd-yyyy")

or

=TEXT(DATEVALUE(RIGHT(B1,2) & "/" & LEFT(B1,2)),"mmm-dd-yyyy")

(depending on your regional settings)?
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 14th 10, 11:49 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Jamieson
Insert address from other user's Contacts

One possibility - in Outlook Contacts, select the Contact list that you
cannot see, right-click, select Properties-Outlook Address Book and
ensure that "Show this folder as an email Address Book"...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 14th 10, 11:49 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Jamieson
Insert address from other user's Contacts

One possibility - in Outlook Contacts, select the Contact list that you
cannot see, right-click, select Properties-Outlook Address Book and
ensure that "Show this folder as an email Address Book"...
Forum: Mailmerge May 11th 10, 10:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter Jamieson
MS WORD 2007 MAIL MERGE: 3 Labels per page

1. use Alt-F9 to display the field codes. There should be a { NEXT }
field at the beginning of each label except the first. If not, click at
the appropriate point in each lable, press ctrl-F9 to...
Forum: Mailmerge May 11th 10, 10:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 7
Posted By Peter Jamieson
Mail merge with Access query as source

Just in case you haven't discovered it yet, AIUI .accdb doesn't support
the whole workgroup security file approach. AFAIK MS expects you to move
to the security features provided by (say) a SQL...
Forum: Mailmerge May 10th 10, 05:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 7
Posted By Peter Jamieson
Mail merge with Access query as source

FWIW I never use Access forms data as a data source so I cannot tell you
much more about Word2007+Access2007 accdb+DDE than I can find out with
some simple experiments.

First, an example of...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 5th 10, 10:40 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Jamieson
.docx files have XML components, but what's their use?

..docx and .doc files (at least since about Word 6) have a more similar
structure than many people probably realise - even in .doc, which uses
OLE Compound Files, the content is divided into...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 5th 10, 10:40 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Jamieson
.docx files have XML components, but what's their use?

..docx and .doc files (at least since about Word 6) have a more similar
structure than many people probably realise - even in .doc, which uses
OLE Compound Files, the content is divided into...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 4th 10, 11:10 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 26
Posted By Peter Jamieson
Custom form for specified Document Properties

But how *did* you find that reference?

If you mean the CommandBars ID one, I googled.

Does Microsoft
commit to keeping it stable over versions?

I doubt it. But it does work in the version...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 4th 10, 11:10 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 26
Posted By Peter Jamieson
Custom form for specified Document Properties

But how *did* you find that reference?

If you mean the CommandBars ID one, I googled.

Does Microsoft
commit to keeping it stable over versions?

I doubt it. But it does work in the version...
Forum: Mailmerge May 3rd 10, 08:55 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 8
Posted By Peter Jamieson
Losing margin formatting when using mail merge Office 2007.

I wouldn't expect any margin to remain unless you merged as an
attachment, but is that what you are doing?

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 03/05/2010 17:40, Jason Dove wrote:
There is...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 2nd 10, 11:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 26
Posted By Peter Jamieson
Custom form for specified Document Properties

These days, by the time I get to the end of the thousand-click dance,
I'm very likely to have forgotten the names of every single one of the
steps :-) A great deal of my memory of where things are...