Search: Posts made by: Beth Melton
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 19th 09, 03:08 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Beth Melton
Template Document Custom Menu

Did you reset the menu bar for your Normal template as I suggested? If your
customizations were ever in your Normal template at any time and you removed
them then Word "remembers" they are removed...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 19th 09, 02:58 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Beth Melton
How do I get out of compatability mode

"roma" wrote in message

roma

I opened a Word 2003 doc and the next time I opened 2007 it is...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 19th 09, 01:22 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 40
Posted By Beth Melton
Top posting in MS Newsgroups

Then maybe it's time to make the switch to Windows Live Mail. g,d &r
Seriously though, you can install it on Windows XP and provided you don't
use the WebNews options (mainly due to the issue of...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 18th 09, 10:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 40
Posted By Beth Melton
Top posting in MS Newsgroups

It quotes correctly for me if I reply to grammatim. I'm using Windows Live
Mail but it shouldn't be different from Outlook Express. What do you have
set for your News Sending Options under...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 18th 09, 10:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Beth Melton
How can I save photos in a Word document as jpegs?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
And then smack the person who sent them like that. If they can send a Word
document...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 18th 09, 10:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 14
Posted By Beth Melton
Styles Spacing Strategy

Depending on the version of Word you are using (I think 97 and higher) by
default Word will only use the larger of the space before/after. So if say,
Body Text has 6 pts after and the following...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 18th 09, 09:32 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Beth Melton
Table formatting problems in Word 2007

You're welcome. :-)

"frustrated worker" wrote in
message ...
That worked, thank you.

"Beth...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 18th 09, 03:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Beth Melton
How do I reduce the gap between two split tables in a word doc

"Mrs F" Mrs wrote in message
I have split a table into 2 but wish to reduce the gap between the tables
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 18th 09, 03:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Beth Melton
file naming conventions

"Elizabeth" wrote in message
I am using Word 2003. I transcribe cases for Justice Dept. I need to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 18th 09, 03:32 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Beth Melton
Template Document Custom Menu

You need to place the custom menu and macros in the document template. That
way when a new document is created based on the template or a document based
on the template is opened the custom menu...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 18th 09, 03:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Beth Melton
Table formatting problems in Word 2007

The Header Row for tables still work in Word 2007. This wasn't changed.
Check the Table Properties and make sure the Text Wrapping is set to "None".
If it's set to "Around" then the heading row...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 18th 09, 01:24 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 7
Posted By Beth Melton
Send Email Process Causes Word 2007 to Crash

If your settings are being saved after rebooting then that's either a
Windows or IE issue. Unfortunately I don't know about this issue. If it were
happening to me I'd have to ask someone. :-) I...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 16th 09, 03:57 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 7
Posted By Beth Melton
Send Email Process Causes Word 2007 to Crash

If you view your Internet Options on the Programs tab, do you have Outlook
set as your default email client?

"couleecroche" wrote in message...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 15th 09, 06:39 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Beth Melton
Insert-symbol pop-up does not come up

If you have a printer installed and set as the default then that's probably
not the problem. Your additional details, that menu items are being
disabled, suggests the issue you are encountering...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 15th 09, 05:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 7
Posted By Beth Melton
Send Email Process Causes Word 2007 to Crash

"couleecroche" wrote in message
My copy of Word 2007 recently crashed. Now, whenever I attempt...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 15th 09, 05:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Beth Melton
how do I zoom the document map. (I did it by accident, need undo)

"Andy B" wrote in message
last night I think I changed the display font of the document map, by
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 15th 09, 03:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Beth Melton
Insert-symbol pop-up does not come up

"aardvark69" wrote in message
I have just installed Office 2003 on Vista Home (original system on...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 15th 09, 03:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 7
Posted By Beth Melton
Porting my Word toolbars, etc. to a new PC

"Glenn_707" wrote in message

I am new to the discussion group, which seems quite valuable; however,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 15th 09, 01:31 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Beth Melton
Changing the indent property for a numbered list in Word 2007

"NickC" wrote in message
I am working for a company that recently converted to Office 2007. Most of
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 15th 09, 01:27 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Beth Melton
How can I change the character that prints as the nonbreaking hyph

"NickC" wrote in message
When I insert a non-breaking hyphen, Word 2007 changes the hyphen to an
Forum: New Users February 14th 09, 11:28 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 1
Posted By Beth Melton
Word Forms

"sandrao" wrote in message
I have created a form in word. In the text box I find that at times the
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 14th 09, 08:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 7
Posted By Beth Melton
Get to new document quicker in Office 2007

"Paul" wrote in message
Thanks to you both. I'm actually going to have a bit of fun this weekend
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 14th 09, 07:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 7
Posted By Beth Melton
Get to new document quicker in Office 2007

"Paul" wrote in message
I already have it at the QAT. The problem is that when I click on that (or
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 14th 09, 06:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 9
Posted By Beth Melton
Extending the functionality of Word references/bibliography

You can see the number of votes if you expand the thread hover your mouse
over the poster's name. For example the one "Suggestion with Microsoft
Response" in this group obtained "18 out of 18...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 14th 09, 05:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 7
Posted By Beth Melton
Get to new document quicker in Office 2007

"Paul" wrote in message
When I click on the "new document" icon in Word 2007, I get a window that