Search: Posts made by: Carol
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 12th 09, 07:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Carol
how do i copy my resume and paste to a job site on the net?

In your Word document, use Ctrl + A to select all. Then use Ctrl + C to copy.

Go to the site where you would like to paste your resume, click in the area
where you would like to paste the resume...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 12th 09, 09:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Carol
Headers and Footers...how to i prevent them from showing from

Wherever you want to have a different header on a page, use Next Page Page
Breaks: Insert | Break | Next Page. Make sure that you click the Link to
Previous on the Header/Footer toolbar so that...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 12th 09, 08:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Carol
Headers and Footers...how to i prevent them from showing from 1 pa

When you want headers and footers on the second page and not the first, use
the Different First Page Feature in MS Word.

Click on File | Page Setup and select the Layout tab to display the dialog...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 21st 08, 09:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Carol
insert frequent used word w/o retype entire word

Create an AutoText entry for the word.

AutoText entries you create are, by default, stored in Normal.dot. While
it's possible to store AutoText entries in other templates, those stored in...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 20th 08, 05:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Carol
Excel objects in a Word document

I am not using version 2007 at the moment, but if I understand you correctly,
you want to reference a cell in workbook 1 in workbook 2. If that is
correct, I can tell you how to do it in version...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 20th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Carol
Cursor problem

Have you checked to make sure you haven't accidentally turned off Num Lock?
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"TG2G1B" wrote:

As of today, my cursor is jumping to top of page in the middle of my entering...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 20th 08, 05:00 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Carol
how do remove a line that l dont need

Check your paragraphs to make sure that there is no space set before or after
your paragraph.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"netty" wrote:

l have written a note and now l would like to remove a line...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 20th 08, 04:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Carol
Review Tracked Changes

Have you accidentally turned off NumLock?
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"mrsatroy" wrote:

If I have a document that I have made changes to with track changes turned
on, have accepted the changes,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 16th 08, 09:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Carol
how do you address a memo to "someone" "in care of someone"

To: Lori, c/o whomever
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"lori" wrote:

how do you address a memo to "someone" "in care of someone"
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 11th 08, 03:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Carol
Renaming a macro

Glad that I was able to help you!
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Joe McGuire" wrote:

Thanks! Works fine now!
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 10th 08, 09:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Carol
How do i insert multiple blank lines into a document?

Also, see: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"TBT" wrote:

Im trying to insert multiple blank lines into a document that I can fill in
later....
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 10th 08, 09:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Carol
How do i insert multiple blank lines into a document?

To find the Forms toolbar in Word 2003 and earlier versions:

Click on View | Toolbars | Forms.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"TBT" wrote:
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 10th 08, 09:21 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Carol
Why does pressing enter skip a line, and how to change it?

Actually, MS Word 2007 ships with the default line spacing set that way and I
believe the default font is Callibri.

You should also check to make sure that the space before and after your...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 10th 08, 08:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Carol
Why does pressing enter skip a line, and how to change it?

If you want Word to use single spacing as the default in version 2007:
On the Page Layout tab, click Paragraph.
Click the Indents and Spacing tab.
In the Spacing section, click the arrow net to the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 10th 08, 06:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Carol
Renaming a macro

At the top of the macro is the keyword "Sub" followed by he macro name, then
a pair of parentheses. Change the macro name the way you want, but leave
"sub" there and the parentheses.
--
Carol A....
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 10th 08, 04:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you want to quickly change the text case, use Shift + F3 and it will cycle
through the different cases.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Are you saying when you type it shows in...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 10th 08, 04:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Carol
Renaming a macro

To rename a macro, follow the steps below:
Choose Tools | Macro | Macros.
Select the macro you would like to rename.
Choose Edit. This opens the Visual Basic editor.
When the Visual Basic editor...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 10th 08, 04:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Carol
How to adjust the horizontal spacing after a period between senten

You will want to set your default thusly:

Format | Font | Character Spacing.
Click to create a check mark in Kerning for Fonts and set it to 12 points
and above.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 3rd 07, 04:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're talking about non-printing character (i.e. spaces, paragraphs,)
click on the pilcrow on your toolbar (looks like a backwards P).

But if you want to retain your original formatting when...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 13th 07, 08:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Carol
how to keep a hyperlink at the same spot on each subsequent page

It sounds as if you should put your information in a header and that way it
will stay put.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Molly99" wrote:

I understand the concept of creating the form field on the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 13th 07, 09:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Carol
How can I make a footer different than what is in document?

Use Next Page section breaks. When you view the header and footer that you
want to change, click on Same As Previous on the Header & Footer toolbar to
unlink from the other headers.
--
Carol A....
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 13th 07, 05:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I concur! Publisher will do the job nicely.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

The best idea I can offer you is to use Publisher instead of word but that's
just my (not so)...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 4th 07, 09:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Carol
How do I an address barcode in word 2007 for envelopes?

If you insist on using a barcode, you can achieve that by using the barcode
field in 2007, but I wouldn't recommend it as they are not compatible with
the U.S. Postal Service and will likely delay...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 31st 07, 08:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Carol
rotate the text so it prints landscape

File | Page Setup | Margins tab | Landscape
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Tricia" wrote:

In word when i type text how can i rotate the doc so it prints landscape.
Just doing it through the print...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 31st 07, 08:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Carol
Multiple documents to one.

Use next page section breaks.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"NATE" wrote:

I have multiple documents, each with a mixture of text, graphs, and drawings
in text boxes. Each document has different...