Search: Posts made by: Sara
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 18th 10, 11:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 15
Posted By Sara
MathType Tool Bar does not appear on ribbon of Office 2007 Ult

I was having a similar problem...no MathType tab. When I went to Word
Options Add-ins I noticed that under "Disabled Application Add-Ins" was
listed "MathType Commands 6 for Word". When I...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 18th 10, 11:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 15
Posted By Sara
MathType Tool Bar does not appear on ribbon of Office 2007 Ult

I was having a similar problem...no MathType tab. When I went to Word
Options Add-ins I noticed that under "Disabled Application Add-Ins" was
listed "MathType Commands 6 for Word". When I...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 22nd 10, 05:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Posted By Sara
Printing selected pages... NOT happening

How is your document paginated? Are the 2 pages you want to print numbered
like A B, i ii, or a b? However your document displays the page number, put
that in the Pages field in the Print dialog...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 22nd 10, 05:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Posted By Sara
Printing selected pages... NOT happening

How is your document paginated? Are the 2 pages you want to print numbered
like A B, i ii, or a b? However your document displays the page number, put
that in the Pages field in the Print dialog...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help December 8th 09, 09:21 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Sara
Equation S over T

I would add to the other answer that you should not be overwhelmed by the
menus in Equation Editor. Also, for letters, you want to click on Style and
choose Text.

"Local_IT" wrote:

In Word...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help December 8th 09, 09:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Sara
Word -- Footnote Problem

Word has a "known glitch" (which they haven't figured out how to fix for over
a decade) with respect to footnotes. The footnote often will not appear on
the correct page if the paragraph that...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 2nd 09, 10:33 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Sara
I want page numbers on certain pages in the same document

I really need some help. I have an 8 page document, and I would like to
label pages 3 - 6 with page numbers 1 - 3. I cannot seem to figure out how
to do this. I added section breaks and the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 11th 09, 10:12 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Sara
Help - word keeps shutting down

Thanks for the links Graham. Unfortunately, I'm still having trouble.
Word only stops working when I try to use the research function.
Do you have any other ideas?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 7th 09, 04:36 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Sara
Help - word keeps shutting down

Hi there

Each time I try to run the research function in word 2003, my computer
states that there is a problem with Word, it shuts down and tries to restart.

Then I get a message stating that...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 1st 09, 05:19 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 82
Posted By Sara
how do I unlock a document created by myself??

hey! i really have to same problem?/ do u solve this problem yet?/ coz the
also say the modification is not allowed .... too. pls let me know,,,

"littlelight" wrote:

This is exactly my problem. ...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 7th 09, 02:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 11
Posted By Sara
Footnotes

I am having the same problem, except the footnote is set to the bottom of the
page, and I even changed the distance from the end of page (But I think that
is more for the footer than a...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 7th 09, 02:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 11
Posted By Sara
Footnotes

I am having the same problem, except the footnote is set to the bottom of the
page, and I even changed the distance from the end of page (But I think that
is more for the footer than a...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help December 6th 08, 06:51 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Sara
working on Word document in a new session

When I work through several sessions on a long Word document, can I start a
new session where I previously left off?
Forum: New Users December 1st 08, 04:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 4
Posted By Sara
How do I hide the formatting symbols?

Greg - I did what you suggested and the dots disappear, but I still have the
paragraph symbol and arrows pointing to addressees and date. It is driving
me crazy. How do I get rid of them - I am...
Forum: Mailmerge October 30th 08, 09:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 4
Posted By Sara
Excel Formats and IF

What am I doing wrong?

If I put this in:
{ IF { MERGEFIELD Mon_Start } = "" " " { MERGEFIELD Mon_Start \@HH:mm } }
The merge result is "Mon_Start" rather than the actual value from the...
Forum: Mailmerge October 30th 08, 03:39 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 4
Posted By Sara
Excel Formats and IF

Hi there

I'm doing a mailmerge from an excel spreadsheet. It has a variety of time
values, dollar amounts, and rounding.
While I have worked out how to write the code to include the formatting,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 17th 08, 11:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Posted By Sara
I CAN'T GET RID OF THIS LINE and IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!

I don't know what I did but I finally did get rid of the lines. Couldn't
tell you what it was though. I know it wasn't using a different style.
Please tell me, where are the tools so I can...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 17th 08, 09:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Posted By Sara
I CAN'T GET RID OF THIS LINE and IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!

I can't get rid of the line no matter what I do. If I use bullets it shows
up, etc. I've tried the ctrl + Q but that doesn't work. it's not a border
thing.

tell me, where do i find "tools" so...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 13th 08, 03:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Sara
How to convert Trial Vista into full

Hi Everyone

I have the 60 day trial of vista (word 07) on my computer and I want to
convert it to permanent so I can acutally do things - can someone help me
figure out how to do this?

Thanks!...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 4th 08, 10:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Sara
Locking text together

THANK YOU!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

No... select only the space between 'Page' and '2', not the whole thing.
When you press Ctrl+Shift+spacebar, that inserts a 'nonbreaking space'
character,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 4th 08, 06:27 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Sara
Locking text together

When I do that the text is deleted and replaced with a small circle. Am I
doing it correctly?

"PJY" wrote:

use ctrl/shift and space bar all at the same time

"Sara" wrote:

Hello,
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 4th 08, 05:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Sara
Locking text together

Hello,

Is there a way to lock text together to ensure proper formatting?
For example:
Please sign on Page 2.

We would like to lock Page 2 together, so if more typing occurs prior to the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 30th 08, 04:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Sara
Can two people work on the same Word document at the same time

I kinda agree... but why then can you do it in Excel? Strange.

---

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

No - and if you could, I still wouldn't recommend it. shiver!

--
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 30th 08, 04:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Sara
Can two people work on the same Word document at the same time?

I know that you can do it in Excel by creating a shared workbook.

But can you do something similar in Word?

Help! I'm desperate with a deadline!
Forum: Mailmerge April 11th 08, 06:21 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 1
Posted By Sara
Restricting spaces from a merged field

Hello,

I need to restrict a space from some merged fields. For example, my letter
has "Dear (merged name),". The program I am merging the information from
automatically adds a space to some...